Study Abroad Platform for International Students

ESL Glossary


IM2A and IM2S

To study in the UK, Visa nationals should fill in these forms, and related forms if applicable. Depending on individual circumstances, there might be additional forms to complete. Your nearest British Mission will give you this advice. You will need a VISA if you are from any of these countries: If not, a VISA is not mandatory if the period of study is less than 6 months, but it is very recommendable to obtain from the British Mission an "entry certificate".

I-20 Form

The certificate of eligibility necessary to obtain the F-1 student visa. This document, which generally comes to you along with the letter of acceptance from a school, is used to secure a visa to enter the United States.


International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a comprehensive test of English language proficiency for nonnative speakers who intend to study English. The test is accepted by most Australian, British, Canadian, and New Zealand academic institutions. American academic institutions are increasingly accepting IELTS for admissions purposes. For more Information...


Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) is a division of the U.S. government that enforces laws regulating the entrance of foreign-born people into the United States and for administering various benefits to them.


The middle level of difficulty.

International Student Advisor

An Advisor (see "Advisor") who is specifically assigned to attend to the needs of foreign students.

Contact Programs and Learn More

Search More Schools