[UPDATED: January 6, 2022] Applications for 2022 are now open! Please note that due to COVID-19, your desired study abroad options may be affected. ApplyESL recommends applying well ahead of your desired start date to ensure adequate time for processing. Contact your program, or ApplyESL, to check program status, and your local embassy or consulate to confirm visa services currently available. We look forward to receiving your application!
"Do-It-Yourself Study Abroad" ESL School Search and Application Site

Frequently Asked Questions and Q&A

Can I remain in the United States while my student visa is still valid?

Just because you have a valid student visa does not necessarily mean that you are allowed to stay in the United States for the entire period allowed by it. The length of your student visa and the number of days you can stay in the country may be different. Your student visa is the document you need in order to enter the country and the I-20 document provided to you by the school will note the specific period of time you are allowed to stay. When a student visa has expired, a full-time student in status may stay legally in the United States as long as they possess a valid I-20 document. If you successfully complete your course and your student visa is valid, you may stay in the United States legally for 60 days, but unless you extend your study program, you must return to your country after that.

Contact Programs and Learn More

Search More Schools