Please note that due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic, many institutions have suspended on-campus instruction and are holding classes online until further notice. Due to increased travel restrictions, reduced visa services and public health quarantines, study abroad options may be affected. ApplyESL recommends contacting your program of interest and local embassy or consulate to obtain the latest updates.
"Do-It-Yourself Study Abroad" ESL School Search and Application Site

Frequently Asked Questions and Q&A

Can I change my non-student visa while in the United States?

In general, no, you cannot change your non-student visa while in the United States. In order to change another visa to an F-1 Student Visa, you must be a full-time student and have the school issue an I-20 form. With the I-20 form in-hand, usually students leave the United States and go to the nearest American Embassy or Consulate in their home country to be issued a valid F-1 Student Visa. With the newly issued visa, students can re-enter the United States for study. Ask your school representative for more information.

Contact Programs and Learn More

Search More Schools