[UPDATED: August 12, 2021] Please note that due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) related travel restrictions and vaccine requirements, study abroad options may be affected. Many programs are open for in-person instruction, however, ApplyESL recommends contacting schools of interest to check status, and local embassies or consulates, to obtain information regarding visa services currently available.
"Do-It-Yourself Study Abroad" ESL School Search and Application Site

List of Necessary Documents for Schools

Health Certificate

A health certificate is written by a doctor and displays the official results of a physical examination. In addition to this document, a “Health Report” may also be required by schools. It refers to an individual’s medical history, immunization records, eyeglasses prescription, drug prescriptions, and a written record of any medication an individual uses on a regular basis.

A health certificate is recognized as an official document and should be translated into English. If an individual’s doctor cannot issue English translations of a health certificate, an applicant must have the original certificate in their possession, write English translations, have their doctor sign the translated version and submit all original paperwork to the school that the applicant is applying to in order to continue with the application process.

A number of schools issue their own health examination reports. During their medical examination, applicants must request their doctor to complete the school’s health form and submit it bearing the doctor’s signature and/or seal.

The purpose of submitting a health certificate is for the greater benefit of the student. In case of an emergency or if an applicant requires immediate medical attention, schools and medical staff can refer to applicants’ submitted health forms for vital information.