[UPDATED: January 6, 2022] Applications for 2022 are now open! Please note that due to COVID-19, your desired study abroad options may be affected. ApplyESL recommends applying well ahead of your desired start date to ensure adequate time for processing. Contact your program, or ApplyESL, to check program status, and your local embassy or consulate to confirm visa services currently available. We look forward to receiving your application!
"Do-It-Yourself Study Abroad" ESL School Search and Application Site

Frequently Asked Questions and Q&A



Legal Status

My question is do I need to have legal status to study English in the United States? I hope you reply soon.


Dear Ahmed,
In order to study in the United States in an English program, like those listed at ApplyESL.com, students must have a student or tourist visa or be a citizen of the United States. So, yes, you must have legal status in order to take one of the English courses listed on our website.

ApplyESL.com Advisor