[UPDATED: August 12, 2021] Please note that due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) related travel restrictions and vaccine requirements, study abroad options may be affected. Many programs are open for in-person instruction, however, ApplyESL recommends contacting schools of interest to check status, and local embassies or consulates, to obtain information regarding visa services currently available.
"Do-It-Yourself Study Abroad" ESL School Search and Application Site

Frequently Asked Questions and Q&A



About Tourist Visa

I´m looking for an English course and I would like to study for as many hours as possible, but I have no time to apply for a student visa. I already have a tourist (B1/B2) visa and I will be travelling in the USA. Can you help me?


Dear Humberto,
Most students will choose to apply for an Intensive English Program which requires an F-1 Student Visa. However, if you are planning on travelling to the USA on a tourist visa, you are still allowed to study part-time at some schools. Go to ApplyESL.com and using the ‘School Search’ engine, choose ‘Vacation (Short-Term) English’ to find the courses that would be available to apply to under your visa. Note that the length of these courses is limited to the amount of time you are allowed to be in the United States by your tourist visa.

ApplyESL.com Advisor