- Eurocentres’ high-quality language instruction with 50 years of experience
- Plentiful modern facilities - enjoyable and efficient study
- Experience the history and tradition combined with the modern excitement of Cambridge, one of the world’s most popular student towns
- About the School
- Founded in 1960, Eurocentres is an international non-profit educational foundation that provides top quality language teaching and aims to contribute towards a better understanding among people everywhere by helping to bridge national, cultural and social barriers. For nearly five decades, Eurocentres has specialized in teaching English to foreign students, professionals and visitors from all around the world and continues to significantly improve their English skills and prepare them for success, whether at an academic institution, in a professional setting or for personal satisfaction.
With currently five attractive locations available across United Kingdom, students are exposed to different cross-cultural ideas and influences that will deepen their English communication skills and cultural understanding. At schools, students enjoy a variety of innovative course programs and teaching styles. Each of the centers is equipped with modern facilities such as computer-assisted language learning programs, language labs, and instructional videos to effectively support students in their studies. Yet, there is more to Eurocentres than just language learning: a wide range of leisure time activities, sports, cultural events, excursions, parties, and insider trips complete each student’s study abroad experience.
All Eurocentres in the UK are accredited by the British Council and are members of English UK, the national association of accredited English language centers.
Type : Private English School
Establishment : 1960
Membership/Accreditation : British Council, English UK
Enrollment : 250
Average Class Size : 10
Student Adviser : YesAirport Pickup : Yes
Internet Access : Yes
Tuition : High
Activities : Frequent
Location : Urban
Transportation : Train, bus, taxi
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- More Details
- Student Countries of Origin
- The school has hosted thousands of students from around the world. The majority of students have come to the school from Europe, including Switzerland (20%), Germany (5%), Italy, and France. Students also come from Asia ; Japan (5%), Korea (15%), Taiwan, and China. Others include students from countries in Latin America (20%) and Middle East (5%).
- Faculty Qualifications
- The instructors are trained, fully-certified professionals. Many instructors have lived and traveled abroad and have extensive experience teaching English to students from around the world. The personal and academic qualities of the instructors make each uniquely qualified to offer meaningful language-learning opportunities and to care deeply about their students.
- The school provides students with the opportunity to live in off-campus residences or enjoy a homestay experience. For students who prefer an independent lifestyle, off-campus residences provide more privacy and offer opportunities to interact with people in the community outside the school environment. The school also arranges homestays for those students who want to experience local culture first-hand as a member of a family and practice their conversational English. Students are encouraged to make their housing arrangements as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. Private off-campus apartments are also available; however students must make their own arrangements. For more information, use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- The school is situated in the heart of Cambridge, which lies approximately 50 miles (80km) north-northeast of London and is surrounded by a number of smaller towns and villages. Best known as the home of the University of Cambridge, the second-oldest university in the English speaking world, Cambridge is the one of the world’s most popular student towns. It is a bustling student city with a reputation for academic brilliance and scientific discovery. Young people from all over the world enjoy the student life, around which this town has revolved for centuries.
Cambridge is one of Britain's smaller cities but, it is also one of the fastest growing. Today, Cambridge has a population well over 100,000 and booming educational and high-tech industries. The city has retained the picturesque charm that has continuously delighted visitors from all over the world. Between three and four million visitors come to enjoy the city's delights every year. Its narrow streets and historic colleges are famous throughout the world, as are its legions of cycling students, and the many long and narrow boats (called “punts”) gliding down the willow-lined River Cam. There are many opportunities to enjoy sports, theatre, cinemas, pubs, and shopping. The blossoming festival culture, with its emphasis on popular music, film, and art, is a sign that there is always something to do in Cambridge.
The University of Cambridge and the University of Oxford, collectively known as Oxbridge, are the two oldest and most famous universities in Britain. Both were founded more than 750 years ago, and between them have produced a large number of Britain’s most prominent scientists, writers, and politicians.
General English Course
- About This Course
- The Program is offered year-round. Students enrolled in the program receive 20 in-class lessons per week in combination with 5 hours self-study in the learning centre. The program is the most comprehensive and popular course at school and is ideal for those students who are looking to achieve maximum progress in their English skills using the time they have available.
The program assists students at any ability level in developing English language skills, general communication skills, and building confidence when speaking. Instruction focuses on grammar, reading, writing, speaking and listening. Each week, academic objectives are planned in advance and discussed with the students.
The program is offered with 10 levels of instruction from beginner to advanced. When students arrive at the school, they are given a comprehensive placement test to evaluate their grammar, listening, speaking and writing skills and guarantee their proper placement into an ability level.
Outside of the classroom, students are encouraged to independently explore the local areas of interest and experience the city’s vibrant, eclectic neighborhoods to gain real, practical insight into the culture of the city. Many students participate in school-organized events, as well, and enjoy the local entertainment and leisure activities.
Classroom sizes range from 10 to 12 students per class. Every effort is made to keep classes at an ideal size for effective English language instruction.
- Course Data
CLASS SIZE: 10 - 12 Students CLASS LEVELS: 10 Levels COURSE LENGTH: 2-52 weeks MINIMUM AGE: 16 Years Old REQUIREMENT: N/A HOUSING: Homestay
Choose 1 - 52 Week Course from Starting Dates
- APPLICATION FEE
- UK£ 90 (US$ 150)
- TUITION FEE (2021)
1-11 WEEKS UK£ 285 12-23 WEEKS UK£ 240 24+ WEEKS UK£ 215
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 1 WEEKS UK£ 160-250 per week N/A UK£ 180-290 per week
- Airport Pickup Service
- United Kingdom Cambridge
62 Bateman Street Cambridge, England CB2 1LR UNITED KINGDOM
- Getting To Your School
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.