TLC - Kirksville, Truman State University
The Language Company [Kirksville, Missouri]
- TLC students wishing to earn an undergraduate degree may be admitted to Truman by completing Level 9 of the TLC program or with a TOEFL score of 550/79
- Experience studying at Truman State University, the #1 Public University in the Midwest and gain access to all campus facilities and activities
- Truman State University is consistently ranked one of the best values in university education in the United States
Choose Your Course Below
- About the ESL School
- Founded in 1983, The Language Company (TLC) is a group of private language schools that has provided superior English instruction and cultural activities to more than 30,000 students from around the world. The various small-town locations of TLC schools within the picturesque American Midwest offer ideal learning environments for those students wanting to concentrate on their studies and learn in friendly, quiet and safe surroundings. The rigorous TLC curriculum is designed to significantly improve each student's English skills in the shortest time possible and prepare them for academic study at an American college or university, enhance their professional credentials or simply to enjoy learning a new language. An academic placement service is available free-of-charge for those students who want to attend an American college or university after completing their studies at TLC. Many colleges and universities waive the TOEFL requirement for TLC graduates. Outside of the classroom, special events and activities are organized by TLC staff to encourage students to practice their English while learning about American culture and making new friends. In the past, favorite activities include: horseback riding, visiting zoos and parks, sightseeing and shopping in the local area, visiting amusement and water parks, and attending seasonal festivals. Students are also encouraged to independently explore the area’s vibrant neighborhoods or take day trips to see the surrounding areas. The Language Company is accredited by ACCET, the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training, and is a proud member of AAIEP, the American Association of Intensive English Programs promoting professional standards and high-quality English programs.
- Fast Facts
Affiliation : Private English School
Establishment : 1983
Membership/Accreditation : EnglishUSA / ACCET
Enrollment : 30
Average Class Size : 10
Airport Pickup : Available
Tuition : Medium
Community Type : Rural
Transportation : Train, taxi
- A Message from School
- Welcome, and thank you for taking the time to learn about The Language Company at ApplyESL.com. Since 1983, we have provided superior English instruction and cultural activities to students worldwide. The Language Company would like to share our years of experience to help you to achieve your English goals. The Language Company’s instructors, directors and staff are committed to helping you learn. We provide a full range of services including academic counseling. Our cooperating college network can find the college or university that is right for you. Choosing a language school is an important decision. With The Language Company, you will improve your English skills and have great memories of the United States and its people. Our staff and representatives are ready to assist you with any questions you may have. We hope to see you soon at one of our institutes.
Chairman and CEO
The Language Company
- CONTACT INFORMATION
The Language Company
189 W.15th Street
Edmond, OK 73013 U.S.A.TEL: +1 (405) 715-9996
FAX: +1 (405) 715-1116
- More Details
- The school provides students with the opportunity to live in on-campus dormitories, off-campus residences, or enjoy a homestay experience. Students living on-campus will be close to classes, campus activities and other students. For students who prefer a more independent lifestyle, off-campus residences provide more privacy and offer opportunities to interact with people in the community outside the campus environment. The school also arranges homestays for those students who want to experience local culture first-hand as a member of a family and practice their conversational English. Students are encouraged to make their housing arrangements as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. Private off-campus apartments are also available; however students must make their own arrangements. For more information, use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- TLC – Kirksville is located on the campus of Truman State University, a nationally ranked university in the city of Kirksville, Missouri. Referred to as Missouri’s “North Star”, Kirksville is a small city with a population of about 17,000 in the heart of Northeast Missouri. Kirksville offers much to see and do. Visitors will discover many exciting attractions and events as well as recreation activities, dining and world-famous hunting. Kirksville offers a variety of cultural, historic as well as recreational attractions. In particular, people who live in the region enjoy spending time outdoors and enjoying arts, crafts, photography, hiking, biking and even water skiing. The city contains outstanding park facilities where students can enjoy sports such as golf, swimming, baseball, volleyball and ice skating among many activities. In particular, people come to Kirksville to enjoy the outdoors and activities such as hunting, fishing and camping.
- About the College/University
- Truman State University was established back in 1867. In 1996, it was renamed to honor the only resident of Missouri to serve as the President of the United States (1945-1953), Harry S. Truman. Today, more than 6,000 students come to the school every year to gain a high quality liberal arts education at an affordable cost. Truman currently offers 49 undergraduate and 6 graduate areas of study. The school ranks highly in the United States as one of the top schools in terms of value for the education provided. With an impressive student-to-faculty ratio of 16 to 1, the school consistently ranks in the Top 10 of universities located in the Midwestern United States. Some of the more popular fields of study at the university include Art, Business Administration, Communication, English, Health Science and Music. Outside of class, students are involved in approximately 250 student organizations, 21 varsity athletic teams, Greek life and student government among many activities.
- Conditional Admission / Credit Courses
- TLC students who want to be placed in a high school, college or university may apply directly to TLC's Academic Placement Services (APS) for assistance.
- Study Options
- The Intensive English is offered year-round with sessions beginning every four weeks. Students enrolled in the program meet Monday through Friday and receive a minimum of 25 hours of classroom instruction per week. This program is ideal for students who want to achieve maximum progress in their English skills in order to gain admission to an American college or university, enhance their professional credentials or simply to enjoy learning a new language.
The program is offered at 9 levels of instruction from beginner to advanced. Upon their arrival at the school, students are given a placement test to help determine the level best-suited to their ability. At the end of each 4-week session, students receive a written Final Grade Report from their instructors that evaluates their speaking ability, class performance, tests and homework assignments.
The rigorous curriculum at the beginning level is designed to develop students’ fundamental language skills of listening, speaking and writing. Students studying at the intermediate level learn more advanced grammar structures and vocabulary, gain the skills necessary to express themselves orally and in writing, and to read and understand technical material. Students who complete the advanced levels can function comfortably in any English-speaking environment, understand speakers in a variety of settings, and gather written and spoken information to write academic/professional reports. Elective courses are also part of the curriculum for intermediate- and advanced-level students to focus their English studies while building their core language skills. Students may study such elective topics as: Vocabulary; Idioms and Slang; Conversation; Pronunciation; American Culture through Films; Current Events; American History and Government; and Business English. Academic placement service is available free-of-charge for those students who want to attend an American college or university after completing their studies at TLC. Many colleges and universities waive the TOEFL requirement for TLC graduates.
Classroom sizes average 10 students per class. Every effort is made to keep classes at an ideal size for effective English language instruction.
CLASS SIZE: 10 Students CLASS LEVELS: 9 Levels COURSE LENGTH: 36 weeks MINIMUM AGE: 16 Years Old REQUIREMENT: N/A VISA INFORMATION: I-20 Issued Upon Request HOUSING: Dormitory
Choose 3 - 36 Week Course from Starting Dates
- APPLICATION FEE
- US$ 100
- TUITION FEE (2021-2022)
4 WEEKS US$ 1,595
- US$ 200 (Homestay); US $100 (On-Campus)
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 4-24 WEEKS US$ 700 Per Month US$ 1,100 Per Month N/A
- Airport Pickup Service
- US$ 200 (Kansas City International Airport)
- Remarks / Other Information
- Dates and fees are approximate and may change without prior notice.
Application fee is non-refundable.
Housing fees include meals.
- United States Kirksville, Missouri
TLC - Kirksville
Truman State University
100 East Normal, Kirk Building 120 Kirksville, Missouri 63501 U.S.A.
- Getting To Your School
- From Kansas City International Airport:
The school arranges airport pick-up service that costs US$200 and brings students directly to the campus in approximately 200 minutes.
- Student Reviews
Academic Quality: 5.0 School Environment: 5.0 Helpfulness of Staff: 5.0 Activities and Social Life: 5.0 Accommodation: 5.0
- There are 1 reviews for this school
- Below you will find additional reviews in other languages.
Academic Quality: School Environment: Helpfulness of Staff: Activities and Social Life: Accommodation:
[ 大阪, 日本, Age 19, Female ]
10 of 12 people found the following review helpful.本当にすごく良い環境でした！学校があるのは小さな街ですが、都市部よりもアメリカの生活に溶け込むことのできるような環境だと思います。住人も優しく、治安もすごく良いと聞きました。私自身本当に平和な街だと感じました。気候は四季がありますが、1日の天気は日本より変化しやすいです。私は留学中日本人に会っていないので、より深く英語を学ぶことができました。なので、困った時は学校のディレクターを頼ったり、ホストファミリーに頼りました。とても親切です。学校のディレクターは自分が相談を迷っている時に先に手を差しのべてくれました。
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.