TLC - Edmond, University of Central Oklahoma (UCO)
- TLC students wishing to earn an undergraduate degree may be admitted to UCO with a TOEFL score of 500/173
- Experience studying on the University of Central Oklahoma campus and gain access to all campus facilities and activities
- Enjoy living in Edmond, a safe, friendly city that is the second-fastest growing city in the state and located 15 minutes from Oklahoma City
- About the ESL School
- Founded in 1983, The Language Company (TLC) is a group of private language schools that has provided exceptional English instruction and cultural opportunities to more than 30,000 students from around the world. The various locations of TLC schools around the United States offer ideal learning environments for those students wanting to concentrate on their studies and learn in friendly, quiet and safe surroundings. The rigorous TLC curriculum is designed to significantly improve English skills in the shortest time possible, prepare students for academic study at an American college or university and improve each student’s professional credentials while providing an enjoyable experience learning a new language. An academic counseling service is available free-of-charge for those students who want to attend an American college or university after completing their studies at TLC. Many colleges and universities waive the TOEFL requirement for TLC graduates. Outside of the classroom, special events and activities are organized by TLC to encourage students to practice their English while learning about American culture and making new friends. In the past, various activities have been offered such as horseback riding, visits to zoos and parks, sightseeing and shopping in the local areas, trips to amusement and water parks, and seasonal festivals. Students are also encouraged to independently explore each area’s vibrant neighborhoods and take day trips to visit nearby cities. The Language Company is accredited by ACCET (The Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training), and is a proud member of AAIEP (The American Association of Intensive English Programs) which promotes professional standards and high-quality English language programs.
- Fast Facts
Affiliation : Private
Establishment : 1983
Membership/Accreditation : EnglishUSA / ACCET
Enrollment : 150
Average Class Size : 10
Airport Pickup : Available
Tuition : Medium
Community Type : Urban
Transportation : Bus, taxi
- A Message from School
- Welcome, and thank you for taking the time to learn about The Language Company at ApplyESL.com. Since 1983, we have provided superior English instruction and cultural activities to students worldwide. The Language Company would like to share our years of experience to help you to achieve your English goals. The Language Company’s instructors, directors and staff are committed to helping you learn. We provide a full range of services including academic counseling. Our cooperating college network can find the college or university that is right for you. Choosing a language school is an important decision. With The Language Company, you will improve your English skills and have great memories of the United States and its people. Our staff and representatives are ready to assist you with any questions you may have. We hope to see you soon at one of our institutes.
Chairman and CEO
The Language Company
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- More Details
- The school provides students with the opportunity to live in on-campus dormitories, off-campus residences, or enjoy a homestay experience. Students living on-campus will be close to classes, campus activities and other students. For students who prefer a more independent lifestyle, off-campus residences provide more privacy and offer opportunities to interact with people in the community outside the campus environment. The school also arranges homestays for those students who want to experience local culture first-hand as a member of a family and practice their conversational English. Students are encouraged to make their housing arrangements as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. Private off-campus apartments are also available; however students must make their own arrangements. For more information, use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- TLC - Edmond sits on the lovely University of Central Oklahoma campus in the heart of the safe, friendly and affluent suburban city of Edmond, Oklahoma. Home to an estimated 72,000 residents, Edmond is the second-fastest growing city in the State and is considered by many to be the “Crown Jewel” of Oklahoma. With extensive public art installations scattered throughout the city and its downtown area, Edmond is a charming community to explore and appreciate its artistic and cultural uniqueness. The area is also well-known for nearby Arcadia Lake, a picturesque location for outdoor enthusiasts to go fishing year-round, boating and water skiing, use the surrounding trails to go hiking, horseback riding or mountain biking, and go camping in the great outdoors. When it comes time to get a healthy dose of city life, Oklahoma City is located a mere 15 minutes from downtown Edmond. As the State Capitol and home to half a million people, Oklahoma City and its “western” heritage and spirit is alive and well with many Oklahomans likely to be wearing boots and a cowboy hat in the city streets. With such popular local attractions as being the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum (a unique national memorial to the American cowboy), the Remington Park Race Track, Frontier City Theme Park, and the Red Earth Indian Center, the essence of Oklahoma City is strongly rooted in its strong ties with its historic western heritage. Sports enthusiasts have plenty of opportunities to play on some of the nation’s best golf courses and tennis facilities while sports fans can watch live games year-round by taking in an Oklahoma RedHawks baseball game or a Blazers hockey game.
- About the College/University
- Founded in 1890, the University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) is the oldest and third largest University that is a member of The Oklahoma State System of Higher Education. Home to over 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students and more than 1,600 students from 80 nations around the world, the 200-acre UCO campus houses six academic colleges that award bachelors and master’s degrees: Arts, Media & Design; Business Administration; Education and Professional Studies; Liberal Arts; Mathematics & Science; and the College of Graduate Studies and Research. Popular academic areas of specialization among UCO students include Business and Management, Communication and Journalism, Education, Human Sciences, and Visual and Performing Arts. Outside of the classroom, UCO students are active within the campus community by joining one of the hundreds of student-run organizations available on-campus. Popular groups and organizations include: the Baptist Student Union, the Association of Women Students, drama and theater troupes, the choral group, the UCO marching band, Greek fraternities and sororities, the student-run radio and television stations and writing for the student newspaper. During the beginning of the Fall semester each year, the UCO campus community is especially active for Stampede Week, UCO’s Welcome Week featuring new student orientation, casino night and endless fun events. Students are staunch supporters of the UCO sports teams, The Bronchos, and are sure to be on-hand to cheer on the men’s and women’s baseball, basketball, cross-country, football, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, volleyball and wrestling teams.
- Conditional Admission / Credit Courses
- TLC students who want to be placed in a high school, college or university may apply directly to TLC's Academic Placement Services (APS) for assistance.
- Study Options
- The Intensive English is offered year-round with sessions beginning every four weeks. Students enrolled in the program meet Monday through Friday and receive a minimum of 25 hours of classroom instruction per week. This program is ideal for students who want to achieve maximum progress in their English skills in order to gain admission to an American college or university, enhance their professional credentials or simply enjoy learning a new language.
The program is offered at 9 levels of instruction from Beginner to Advanced. Upon their arrival at the school, students are given a placement test to determine the level best-suited to their ability. At the end of each 4-Week session, students receive a written Final Grade Report from their instructors that evaluates their speaking ability, class performance, tests and homework assignments.
The rigorous curriculum at the Beginning level is designed to develop each student’s fundamental language skills of listening, speaking and writing. Students at the Intermediate level learn more advanced grammar structures and vocabulary, gain the skills necessary to express themselves orally and in writing, and to read and understand technical materials. Students who complete the Advanced levels should be able to function comfortably in any English-speaking environment, understand speakers in a variety of settings, and use written and spoken materials to write academic/professional reports. Elective courses are also part of the curriculum for Intermediate- and Advanced-level students to focus on their English studies while building their core language skills. Students may choose to study elective topics such as: Vocabulary, Idioms and Slang, Conversation, Pronunciation, American Culture Through Films, Current Events, American History and Government, and Business English. Academic placement counseling is available free-of-charge for those students who want to attend an American college or university after completing their studies at TLC. Many colleges and universities waive the TOEFL requirement for TLC graduates.
Classroom sizes average 10 students per class. Every effort is made to keep classes at an ideal size for effective English language instruction.
CLASS SIZE: 10 Students CLASS LEVELS: 9 Levels COURSE LENGTH: 36 weeks MINIMUM AGE: 16 Years Old REQUIREMENT: N/A VISA INFORMATION: I-20 Issued Upon Request HOUSING: Dormitory/On-Campus Apartment
Choose 3 - 36 Week Course from Starting Dates
- APPLICATION FEE
- US$ 100
- TUITION FEE (2021)
4 WEEKS US $1,595
- US $200 (Homestay); US $100 (On-Campus)
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 4-24 WEEKS US $700 Per Month US $945 Per Month US $369 Per Month
- Airport Pickup Service
- US$ 75 (OKC)
- Remarks / Other Information
- United States Edmond, Oklahoma
TLC - Edmond
University of Central Oklahoma
100 N. University Drive, P.M.B. Box 341881 Edmond, OK 73034-5209 U.S.A.
- Getting To Your School
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.