FLS Citrus College
- Gain full access to campus facilities: modern athletic facilities, computer labs with Internet access, cafeterias, and libraries
- Study at the oldest community college in L.A. County and the 5th oldest in California
- Enjoy living in the safe foothill community of the San Gabriel Mountains and its close proximity to downtown Los Angeles
- About the ESL School
- Founded in 1987, FLS International has grown from a small neighborhood school to a prominent group of six private language centers housed on the American university and college campuses of Citrus College, Dean College, Lock Haven University, MiraCosta College, Oxnard College, and the College of Southern Nevada. In addition to attending classes on-campus, FLS students also gain full access to campus facilities, including modern athletic facilities, computer labs with Internet access, libraries, and language labs. Learning from highly-qualified, native speaking instructors, students study from a well-developed curriculum designed to hone their English skills in the areas of speaking, listening, reading, and writing. To complement their ‘core class’ study, students also select from a wide variety of elective classes to study topics pertinent to their individual interests, such as American Culture, Life Skills, TOEFL Preparation, Business English, and Composition. As part of the IEP curriculum, FLS regularly organizes exciting social and cultural activities for students to practice their newly-acquired English skills while visiting dozens of local, popular attractions. FLS International is a proud member of AAIEP, the American Association of Intensive English Programs promoting professional standards and high-quality English programs.
- Fast Facts
Affiliation : Private English School
Establishment : 1987
Membership/Accreditation : EnglishUSA / CEA, ACCET
Enrollment : 200
Average Class Size : 10
Airport Pickup : Available from School
Tuition : High
Community Type : Suburban
Transportation : Bus, Taxi
- A Message from School
- Thank you for taking the time to learn more about FLS at ApplyESL.com. Since 1986, FLS has offered high-quality English language programs to students from around the world. As America’s largest family-owned and operated network of language schools, we pride ourselves on our personalized and flexible service. We look forward to receiving your ApplyESL.com application and welcoming you at FLS International!
Francine Forman Swain
Director and Founder
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- More Details
- While attending Citrus College, FLS offers students the opportunity to live in off-campus residence or enjoy a homestay experience. Off-campus residences provide more privacy and are ideal for those students who prefer a more independent lifestyle. The residences are conveniently located just a short distance from campus and are situated directly on the local bus line. The FLS also arranges homestays for those students who want to experience American culture as a member of a family and practice their conversational English. Students are encouraged to make their housing arrangements as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. For more information, use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- The Citrus College campus is located in the safe, welcoming city of Glendora, the “Pride of the Foothills.” Home to more than 50,000 residents, Glendora is an attractive residential community featuring charming tree-lined neighborhood streets and a quaint downtown Village including unique shops, comfy coffeehouses, and movie theaters. Nestled in among the foothills of the scenic San Gabriel Mountains, Glendora is ideally situated in the eastern portion of Los Angeles County and is an hour drive from one of the world’s most diverse metropolitan areas, Los Angeles. Boasting famed attractions including its vast Pacific Ocean beaches, historic Hollywood, legendary shopping on Rodeo Drive, famous museums, theaters and art galleries, not to mention Disneyland, Universal Studios, and the L.A. County Fair Grounds, Los Angeles offers endless natural, cultural and recreational opportunities for visitors and residents alike. At the end of the day, however, Glendora’s comfortable, safe, quiet environment offers a true haven from the fast pace life of downtown Los Angeles.
- About the College/University
- Founded in 1915, Citrus College has the distinction of being the oldest two-year community college in Los Angeles County and the fifth oldest in the State of California. Situated on 104 picturesque acres and occupying more than 26 building, Citrus College is home to more than 12,000 full- and part-time students each fall and spring semester. Citrus provides an ideal learning environment for students to begin exploring the endless educational opportunities available throughout California. In preparation to enroll in baccalaureate degree programs and transfer to four-year institutions, Citrus students are offered Associate Degree programs in many vocational fields including cosmetology, electronics, vocational nursing, photography, and dental assisting. Outside of the classroom, Citrus students are actively involved in the campus community, either by joining one of the 20 student-run clubs, playing in campus-run athletic teams, or attending student-produced musical and theatrical performances.
- Conditional Admission / Credit Courses
- FLS can help students get conditionally accepted to many schools before beginning the FLS program. Also, no TOEFL exam is required at many schools for FLS graduates.
- Study Options
Intensive English Program
- The Intensive English Program is offered year-round with sessions beginning every four weeks. Students enrolled in the Program receive 25 hours of classroom instruction per week.
The IEP is offered at 18 levels of instruction, from Beginning to College Preparatory. Upon their arrival at the IEP, students take an English proficiency test to help determine the level best-suited to their ability. At the end of each level, an FLS progress report is issued to each student to help evaluate both their strengths and weaknesses.
All levels of instruction are designed to hone students’ academic skills in the fundamental areas of English speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Elective courses are also part of the curriculum, allowing students to study topics pertinent to their interests while building their core language skills. Attending 6 elective lessons each week, students study topics including American Culture, TOEFL Preparation, Life Skills, Business English, and Composition. Outside of the classroom, student advisors are on-hand to assist students in making a healthy adjustment to the United States, as well as to help students with every step of the college application process, from finding the right school to completing the application.
As part of the IEP curriculum, FLS regularly organizes exciting social and cultural activities for students to practice their newly-acquired English skills while visiting dozens of local, popular attractions. These organized activities offer great opportunities for students to acquire educational and cultural enrichment and enjoy themselves as they tour famous museums, enjoy the theater, dine at lively restaurants, and experience the excitement of amusement parks.
Classroom sizes range from 8 to 12 students per class. Every effort is made to keep classes at an ideal size for effective English language instruction.
CLASS SIZE: 8 -12 Students CLASS LEVELS: 18 Levels COURSE LENGTH: 4 - 52 Weeks MINIMUM AGE: 15 Years Old REQUIREMENT: N/A VISA INFORMATION: I-20 Issued Upon Request HOUSING: Homestay
Choose 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 Week Course from Starting Dates
- APPLICATION FEE
- TUITION FEE (2019)
4-11 WEEKS US$ 450 per week 12-23 WEEKS US$ 420 per week 24-31 WEEKS US$ 395 per week 32+ WEEKS US$ 375 per week
- US$ 200
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 4 - 52 WEEKS US$ 225-300 Per Week N/A
- Airport Pickup Service
- US$ 150 (Los Angeles International Airport - LAX)
- Express Mail
- US$ 55
- Health Insurance
- US$ 35 Per Week
- Remarks / Other Information
- United States Glendora, California
1000 W. Foothill Blvd. Glendora, California 91741 U.S.A.
- Getting To Your School
- Student Reviews
Academic Quality: 5.0 School Environment: 5.0 Helpfulness of Staff: 5.0 Activities and Social Life: 5.0 Accommodation: 5.0
- There are 1 reviews for this school
Academic Quality: School Environment: Helpfulness of Staff: Activities and Social Life: Accommodation:
[ Guangzhou, China, Age 21, Female ]
8 of 9 people found the following review helpful.Thanks So Much to FLS!I spent an unforgettable month at FLS. The staff and teachers there were so nice. The environment was comfortable there and my homestay family was very considerate. I loved being there so much that I didn't want to leave. Thanks to my teachers; Sandra, Philip and Ross. I'm gonna miss my classmates and teachers at FLS!
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.