Spring International Language Center, Fayetteville
- Academically-qualified students who complete the advanced level may gain conditional admission to the University of Arkansas without the TOEFL
- Join organized activities and go canoeing on the Elk River, horseback riding in the Ozark Mountains or visit nearby Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Enjoy living in Fayetteville, a charming college town ranked as one of “America’s Most Livable Cities” and situated in the picturesque Ozark Mountains
- About the ESL School
- Founded in 1979, Spring International Language Center is a highly-respected private language school that operates on three campuses in Denver and Littleton, Colorado and at the University of Arkansas. In its long history, Spring provides outstanding English language and test preparation instruction, as well as comprehensive student services, to students from more than 90 countries around the world. While studying in Spring International’s friendly, caring and supportive environment, students acquire the linguistic, cultural and scholastic skills essential to succeed in an American academic environment. Hundreds of Spring graduates have gone on to study at colleges throughout the United States, while many after completing the Advanced level are accepted by such schools as Arapahoe Community College and the Community College of Denver. Conditional admission is also available to Spring students to attend the University of Northern Colorado, the University of Southern Colorado and the University of Arkansas. In their spare time, students have opportunities to participate in arranged activities and to practice their English in real-life situations. A Conversation Partners program is also available to students want to improve their listening and speaking practice with native English speakers. Spring International is a proud member of EnglishUSA, the American Association of Intensive English Programs promoting professional standards and high-quality English programs.
- Fast Facts
Affiliation : Private English School
Establishment : 1979
Membership/Accreditation : EnglishUSA / CEA
Enrollment : 100
Average Class Size : 12
Airport Pickup : Available From School
Tuition : Low
Community Type : Suburban
Transportation : Bus, Taxi
- A Message from School
- Spring International Language Center is an intensive English language program which prepares international students for American universities—including English language mastery, advanced research skills, academic writing, and cultural orientation. Founded in 1972, the program has six levels of courses—from elementary to advanced—and an expert ESL faculty, some with more than 20 years of teaching experience. Successful graduation from this program allows admission to host universities without a TOEFL score requirement. Spring International also offers special short courses on request and has an excellent homestay program.
Leyah Bergman-Lanier, Director
Spring International Language Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- More Details
- The school provides students with the opportunity to live in campus dormitories or enjoy a homestay experience. Dormitory housing on university campus provides students with the opportunity to experience living with other students – both American and international – and being a member of a campus community. Homestays are another living option for those students who want to experience the local culture as a member of a family and practice their conversational English. Students are encouraged to make their housing arrangements as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. Private off-campus apartments are also available; however students must make their own arrangements. For more information, use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- The University of Arkansas campus sits in the charming college town of Fayetteville, Arkansas. Home to 67,000 residents, Fayetteville is the third most populous city in the state of Arkansas and was named by Money Magazine as one of the “Best Places to Live in America” while Forbes ranked Fayetteville #7 in the “Best Places for Businesses and Careers” listing. Dickson Street runs through the center of town leading to the UofA campus and is lined with lovely boutiques, galleries, comfy cafés and restaurants. Given its close proximity to campus, Dickson Street is a popular place for UofA students to hang-out, listen to local live bands or enjoy a nice meal. Also located on Dickson Street, the Walton Arts Center is the finest cultural center of its kind in the region. The Center is an ideal place for theater, art and music aficionados to take-in a symphony or dance troupe performance. During the spring, summer and fall months, residents enjoy perusing Fayetteville’s farmers market to meet with local farmers and from them buy locally-grown vegetables, fruits, plants and flowers. If you are a fan of the outdoors, Fayetteville’s location in heart of the Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas is ideal. Fishing, boating, mountain biking, hiking, camping and cave exploring are a few of the countless adventures outdoor enthusiasts have the opportunity to enjoy. A short drive south of the city is Devil’s Den State Park, a carefully preserved state park situated in the Boston Mountains. Visitors explore miles upon miles of hiking trails winding through the Ozark National Forest while others visit the State Park with the express purpose of exploring one of its many caves and crevices. Downtown Fayetteville is 160 kilometers from Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- About the College/University
- Originally founded as Arkansas Industrial University in 1871, the University of Arkansas (UofA) is a public university renowned for its agriculture – particularly poultry science – and business programs. Home to over 13,000 undergraduate and 3,400 graduate students, UofA consistently ranks among the “Best 361 Colleges” by the Princeton Review while also continually earns a place among “America’s 100 Best College Buys” list. The 345-acre campus is situated on the site of a former hilltop farm and overlooks the picturesque Ozark Mountains, justifying UofA’s campus nickname as being called “The Hill.” Though there are 11 different campuses within the University of Arkansas system located throughout the state, the Fayetteville location is the system’s flagship campus home to 11 academic schools and colleges. Students study from over 200 academic programs offered within the UofA colleges: Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food & Life Sciences; School of Architecture; Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences; Sam M. Walton College of Business; College of Education and Health Professions; College of Engineering; Graduate School; Honors College; School of Law; Division of Continuing Education; and The Clinton School of Public Service. Outside of the classroom, students are forever-involved in campus life, whether by joining a fraternity or sorority to gain a “Greek” experience, writing for “The Arkansas Traveler,” the student newspaper, being a radio deejay for the student radio station, or participating in one of nearly 300 student organizations.
- Conditional Admission / Credit Courses
- Conditional Admission to the university is available for qualified students who complete the ESL program.
- Study Options
Intensive English Program
- The Intensive English Program is offered in 5- and 9-week sessions throughout the year. Students enrolled in the program receive 25 hours of classroom instruction per week. This program is ideal for students who want to study intensively in preparation to enroll in an American college or university or to gain practical professional advancement.
The program is offered at 7 levels of instruction from Beginning to Advanced. Upon their arrival at the center, students are given a placement exam to ensure proper placement into an ability level. The curriculum is designed to cover all fundamental language skill areas: reading, writing and vocabulary development; listening, speaking and pronunciation; grammar; and conversational skills. Students studying at the advanced levels also have a series of elective classes to choose from. These classes include: Academic Preparation, Public Speaking and Debate, Business English, and Advanced Vocabulary and Grammar. For those students interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree program in the United States, the school provides free college placement counseling; the center also assists students in completing their applications and editing students’ personal statements. Students who successfully complete the Advanced level and receive a recommendation from the Spring International Director may be granted conditional admission to the University of Arkansas without the TOEFL.
Outside of the classroom, students have opportunities to participate in arranged activities, practice their English in real-life situations. A Conversation Partners program is also available to students want to improve their listening and speaking practice with native English speakers. Conversation partners meet informally one hour per week to talk with one another and participate in social activities together.
Classroom sizes average 12 students per class with a maximum of 15 students. Every effort is made to keep classes at an ideal size for effective English language instruction.
CLASS SIZE: 12 Students CLASS LEVELS: 7 Levels COURSE LENGTH: 5,9 weeks MINIMUM AGE: 18 Years Old REQUIREMENT: High School Graduate VISA INFORMATION: F-1 Student Visa Required (I-20 Form Issued Upon Request) HOUSING: Dormitory/On-Campus Apartment
9 WEEKS: 8/16 - 10/14 10/18 - 12/17
- APPLICATION FEE
- US$ 125
- TUITION FEE (2021)
5 WEEKS US$ 1,800 9 WEEKS US$ 3,000
- Free Housing Placement Service
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 9 WEEKS US$ 1,125 US$ 1,550 US$ 1,110
- Airport Pickup Service
- Free Airport Pickup Included
- Remarks / Other Information
- United States Fayetteville, Arkansas
Spring International Language Center
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
300 Hotz Hall Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701 U.S.A.
- Getting To Your School
- Student Reviews
Academic Quality: 4.0 School Environment: 4.0 Helpfulness of Staff: 4.0 Activities and Social Life: 3.0 Accommodation: 3.0
- There are 1 reviews for this school
- Below you will find additional reviews in other languages.
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.