Central School of English (CSE)
- High quality English language training with plentiful modern facilities
- Lively lessons with emphasis on student participation and fast progress
- Enjoy the experience of studying in London –the nation’s largest city and the center of business, world-class entertainment and cultural diversity
- About the School
- Founded in 1968, Central School of English (CSE) is one of the quality private English language school in the Central London that provides superior English instruction and cultural activities to suit each of the many different needs of international students.
For years, the school has specialized in teaching English to foreign students, professionals and visitors from all around the world and continues to significantly improve their English skills and prepare them for success, whether at an academic institution, in a professional setting or for personal satisfaction.
The school is situated in the center of London, exposing students to different cross-cultural ideas that come with studying in a diverse urban environment and deepen their communication skills and cultural understanding. The school’s rigorous curriculum focuses on developing students’ fundamental English skills in the areas of: Grammar, Writing, Conversation, Pronunciation, Listening, Reading and Vocabulary. Students will find a wide range of modern facilities including a self-access centre with computers, videos and audio learning aids, as well as an extensive collection of books, access to the Internet and Email facilities.
To further add to students’ academic and cultural experience, the school organizes a wide range of field trips or activities for students to practice their newly-acquired English skills in a natural setting while experiencing British culture first-hand. The school will give you a complete language learning experience in London including first-class teaching, excellent accommodation, enjoyable social activities and full support and advice.
The school is accredited by the British Council and is member of English UK, the national association of accredited English language centres.
Type : Private English School
Establishment : 1968
Membership/Accreditation : British Council, English UK
Enrollment : 120
Average Class Size : 10
Student Adviser : AvailableAirport Pickup : Available From School
Internet Access : Available At School
Tuition : Medium
Activities : Frequently Available
Location : Urban
Transportation : Train, subway, bus, taxi
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- More Details
- Student Countries of Origin
- The school has hosted thousands of students from around the world. The majority of students have come to the school from Europe, including Germany (15%), Italy (15%), Spain (15%), France (10%) and Switzerland. Students are also from Asia; Korea (10%), Japan (10%), Taiwan (5%) and China. Others include students from countries in Latin America (5%) and Middle East (5%).
- Faculty Qualifications
- The instructors are trained, fully-certified professionals. Many instructors have lived and traveled abroad and have extensive experience teaching English to students from around the world. The personal and academic qualities of the instructors make each uniquely qualified to offer meaningful language-learning opportunities and to care deeply about their students.
- The school provides students with the opportunity to live in off-campus residences or enjoy a homestay experience. For students who prefer an independent lifestyle, off-campus residences provide more privacy and offer opportunities to interact with people in the community outside the school environment. The school also arranges homestays for those students who want to experience local culture first-hand as a member of a family and practice their conversational English. Students are encouraged to make their housing arrangements as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. Private off-campus apartments are also available; however students must make their own arrangements. For more information, use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- London, a cosmopolitan city of culture, commerce, history, art, and excitement, is the choice for the independent student wanting to study at the very center of the English Language. London is the most populous city within the European Union, with an official population of 7.5 million and has a metropolitan area population of between 12 and 14 million. Its diverse population draws from a wide range of peoples, cultures and religions, speaking over 300 different languages. London is a major tourist destination with four world heritage sites, a number of royal parks, and numerous famous landmarks such as the Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge, the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and the London Eye. Other attractions include famous institutions such as the National Gallery, along with many shopping, nightlife and entertainment destinations in the West End. London's main geographical feature is the River Thames which runs through the city from the south-west to the east.
Octorial Programme (27.5hrs/week)
- About This Course
- The English course is offered year-round. Students enrolled in the program receive 27.5 hours of classroom instruction per week and classes are held Monday through Friday. The program is the most comprehensive and popular course at school and is ideal for those students who are looking to achieve maximum progress in their English skills using the time they have available.
The program is offered with 5 levels of instruction from beginner to advanced. When students arrive at the school, they are given a comprehensive placement test to evaluate their grammar, listening, speaking and writing skills and guarantee their proper placement into an ability level.
The purpose of the program is to enable students to obtain sufficient knowledge and become fluent in all areas of the English language. In order to achieve this end, the program’s rigorous curriculum focuses on developing students’ fundamental English skills in the areas of: Grammar, Writing, Conversation, Pronunciation, Listening, Reading and Vocabulary. Students study from the core curriculum that focuses on skill area development. In addition, students will study Social English to learn language useful for everyday social, study or work life ? including discussions, conversations, presenting information and telephoning. The student will use a text book, which forms the basis of the study, but which is augmented by a variety of other materials such as video and audio recordings, supplementary text books and authentic materials.
Outside of the classroom, students are encouraged to independently explore the local areas of interest and experience the city’s vibrant, eclectic neighborhoods to gain real, practical insight into the culture of the city. Many students participate in school-organized events, as well, and enjoy the local entertainment and leisure activities.
Classroom sizes is maximum 8 students per class. Every effort is made to keep classes at an ideal size for effective English language instruction.
- Course Data
CLASS SIZE: 8 Students CLASS LEVELS: 5 Levels COURSE LENGTH: 2-52 Weeks MINIMUM AGE: 16 Years Old REQUIREMENT: N/A HOUSING: Homestay
Choose 2 - 52 Week Course from Starting Dates
- APPLICATION FEE
- TUITION FEE (2020)
2-3 WEEKS UK£ 561 per week 4-7 WEEKS UK£ 531 per week 8-11 WEEKS UK£ 501 per week 12+ WEEKS UK£ 476 per week
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 2+ WEEKS UK£ 190-440 per week N/A UK£ 240-575 per week
- Airport Pickup Service
- UK£ 115 (Heathrow Airport); 125(Gatwick)
- Remarks / Other Information
- United Kingdom London
Central School of English
12 Buckingham Street, London, UK WC2N 6DF UNITED KINGDOM
- Getting To Your School
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.