Centre of English Studies, London (CES)
- Small school with personal touch in warm and friendly Wimbledon area
- Modern teaching methods and materials maximize student progress
- Enjoy studying in a comfortable atmosphere only a short trip from central London
- About the School
- Founded in 1976, CES is a group of private English language schools committed to providing the highest quality English language training experience. For over 30 years, CES has specialized in teaching English to foreign students, professionals and visitors from all around the world and continues to significantly improve their English skills and prepare them for success, whether at an institution for higher learning, in a professional setting or for personal satisfaction. CES’s rigorous curriculum focuses on developing students’ fundamental English skills in the areas of: Grammar, Writing, Conversation, Pronunciation, Listening, Reading and Vocabulary.
Today, the centres are located in 4 attractive European cities, including London, Oxford and Worthing in England and Dublin in Ireland. The school offers independent students exposure to different cross-cultural ideas in a vibrant living environment that will deepen English communication skills and cultural understanding.
Students enjoy a strong academic framework that helps them to learn quickly and efficiently. Each centre offers a comfortable learning environment equipped to support students in their studies. The school is a friendly and inclusive place that encourages students during lessons and outside the classroom.
All CES centres in the UK are accredited by the British Council and are members of English UK, the national association of accredited English language centres.
Type : Private English School
Establishment : 1976
Membership/Accreditation : British Council, English UK
Enrollment : 150
Average Class Size : 10
Student Adviser : AvailableAirport Pickup : Available from School
Internet Access : On-Campus
Tuition : Low
Activities : Frequently Available
Location : Suburban
Transportation : Train, Bus, Taxi
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- More Details
- Student Countries of Origin
- The school has hosted thousands of students from around the world. The majority of students have come to the school from Europe, including Italy (20%), Spain (20%), Germany (10%) and France. Students are also from Asia ; Korea (15%), Japan (15%), Taiwan, and China. Others include students from countries in Latin America (10%) and Middle East (5%).
- Faculty Qualifications
- The instructors are trained, fully-certified professionals. Many instructors have lived and traveled abroad and have extensive experience teaching English to students from around the world. The personal and academic qualities of the instructors make each uniquely qualified to offer meaningful language-learning opportunities and to care deeply about their students.
- The school provides students with the opportunity to live in off-campus residences or enjoy a homestay experience. For students who prefer an independent lifestyle, off-campus residences provide more privacy and offer opportunities to interact with people in the community outside the school environment. The school also arranges homestays for those students who want to experience local culture first-hand as a member of a family and practice their conversational English. Students are encouraged to make their housing arrangements as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. Private off-campus apartments are also available; however students must make their own arrangements. For more information, use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- The school is located in Wimbledon, a fashionable suburban residential community situated in the London Borough of Merton in south-west London. Wimbledon has been internationally known as the home of the “Wimbledon Tennis Championships”. Although Wimbledon is only 20 minutes from Central London by train, it has the friendly feeling of a small town, with shops and restaurants located conveniently nearby the school. The school is situated in a quiet and safe residential area where students can easily relax and study with outdoor seating and picnic areas. Home to over 50,000 residents, the attractive surroundings make Wimbledon an ideal location to study; however when it comes time to explore the area, Wimbledon offers easy access to the cosmopolitan city of London.
London is the most populous city within the European Union, with an official population of 7.5 million and has a metropolitan area population of between 12 and 14 million. Its diverse population draws from a wide range of peoples, cultures and religions, speaking over 300 different languages. London is a major tourist destination with four world heritage sites, a number of royal parks, and numerous famous landmarks such as the Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge, the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and the London Eye. Other attractions include famous institutions such as the National Gallery, along with many shopping, nightlife and entertainment destinations in the West End. London's main geographical feature is the River Thames which runs through the city from the south-west to the east.
Intensive General English Course
- About This Course
- The program is offered year-round. Students enrolled in the program receive 30 in-class lessons (26 hours) per week and classes are held Monday through Friday. The program is the most comprehensive and popular course at school and is ideal for those students who are looking to achieve maximum progress in their English skills using the time they have available.
The program is offered with 6 levels of instruction from beginner to advanced. When students arrive at the school, they are given a comprehensive placement test to evaluate their grammar, listening, speaking and writing skills and guarantee their proper placement into an ability level.
The program assists students at any ability level in developing English language skills, general communication skills, and building confidence when speaking. Instruction focuses on grammar, reading, writing, speaking and listening. The student will use a text book, which forms the basis of the study, but which is augmented by a variety of other materials such as video and audio recordings, supplementary text books and authentic materials. Each week, academic objectives are planned in advance and discussed with the students.
Outside of the classroom, students are encouraged to independently explore the local areas of interest and experience the city’s vibrant, eclectic neighborhoods to gain real, practical insight into the culture of the city. Many students participate in school-organized events, as well, and enjoy the local entertainment and leisure activities.
Classroom sizes range from 8 to 10 students per class. Every effort is made to keep classes at an ideal size for effective English language instruction.
- Course Data
CLASS SIZE: 8 - 10 students CLASS LEVELS: 6 levels COURSE LENGTH: 2-52 weeks MINIMUM AGE: 16 years old REQUIREMENT: N/A HOUSING: Homestay
Choose 2 - 52 Week Course from Starting Dates
- APPLICATION FEE
- TUITION FEE (2020)
2-4 WEEKS UK£ 295 per week 5-11 WEEKS UK£ 283 per week 12-23 WEEKS UK£ 277 per week 24-35 WEEKS UK£ 267 per week 36+ WEEKS UK£ 261 per week
- UK£ 55
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 2-52 WEEKS UK£ 153-243 per week N/A UK£ 330-345 per week
- Airport Pickup Service
- UK£ 120 (Heathrow or Gatwick Airport)
- Remarks / Other Information
- United Kingdom London
Centre of English Studies, Wimbledon (CES)
Nelson House, 271 Kingston Road, Wimbledon London, England SW19 3NW UNITED KINGDOM
- Getting To Your School
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.