- Over 40 years’ experience of high quality English language training
- Lively lessons with emphasis on student participation and fast progress
- Enjoy studying in a world famous university town and experience the academic excellence
- About the School
- Founded in 1964, Regent is a group of private English language schools committed to providing the highest quality English language training experience. For over 50 years, as one of the largest English language training centers in the UK, Regent has offered an unrivalled range of excellent language courses for both adults and juniors from across the world.
Today, the centers are located among 6 of the best-known cities in the United Kingdom including London, Oxford, Cambridge, Brighton, Bournemouth and Edinburgh, in order to offer independent students exposure to different cross-cultural ideas in vibrant living environments that will deepen their English communication skills and cultural understanding. Students enjoy a strong academic framework that helps them to learn quickly and efficiently. Each center offers a comfortable learning environment equipped to support students in their studies. The school is a friendly and inclusive place that encourages students during lessons and outside the classroom. Regent promises to take care of everything to provide students the experience of a lifetime.
All Regent centers in the UK are accredited by the British Council and are members of English UK, the national association of accredited English language centers.
Type : Private English School
Establishment : 1964
Membership/Accreditation : British Council, English UK
Enrollment : 160
Average Class Size : 12
Student Adviser : YesAirport Pickup : Yes
Internet Access : Yes
Tuition : High
Activities : Frequent
Location : Urban
Transportation : Train, subway, bus, taxi
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- More Details
- Student Countries of Origin
- The school has hosted thousands of students from around the world. The majority of students have come to the school from Europe, including Switzerland (10%), France (10%), Italy (10%), Spain (10%) and Germany (5%). Students are also from Asia ; Korea (10%), Japan (5%), Taiwan, and China. Others include students from countries in Latin America (5%) and Middle East (5%).
- Faculty Qualifications
- The instructors are trained, fully-certified professionals. Many instructors have lived and traveled abroad and have extensive experience teaching English to students from around the world. The personal and academic qualities of the instructors make each uniquely qualified to offer meaningful language-learning opportunities and to care deeply about their students.
- The school provides students with the opportunity to enjoy a homestay experience. The homestay option is ideal for those students who want to experience local culture first-hand as a member of a family and practice their conversational English. Students are encouraged to make their housing arrangements as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. Private off-campus apartments are also available; however students must make their own arrangements. For more information, use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- The school is situated in the heart of Cambridge, which lies approximately 50 miles (80km) north-northeast of London and is surrounded by a number of smaller towns and villages. The school occupies an attractive Victorian building with a large modern extension in the middle of one of the liveliest and most interesting areas of central Cambridge. Best known as the home of the University of Cambridge, the second-oldest university in the English speaking world, Cambridge is the one of the world’s most popular student towns. It is a bustling student city with a reputation for academic brilliance and scientific discovery. Young people from all over the world enjoy the student life, around which this town has revolved for centuries.
Cambridge is one of Britain's smaller cities but, it is also one of the fastest growing. Today, Cambridge has a population of well over 100,000 and booming educational and high-tech industries. The city has retained the picturesque charm that has continuously delighted visitors from all over the world. Between three and four million visitors come to enjoy the city's delights every year. Its narrow streets and historic colleges are famous throughout the world, as are its legions of cyclists, and the many long and narrow boats (called “punts”) gliding down the willow-lined River Cam. There are various opportunities to enjoy sports, theatre, cinemas, pubs, and shopping. The blossoming festival culture with its emphasis on popular music, film, and art is a sign that there is always something to do in Cambridge.
The University of Cambridge and the University of Oxford, collectively known as Oxbridge, are the two oldest and most famous universities in Britain. Both were founded more than 750 years ago, and between them have produced a large number of Britain’s most prominent scientists, writers, and politicians.
English World Intensive Course
- About This Course
- The program is offered year-round. Students enrolled in the program receive 30 in-class lessons (22.5 hours) per week in combination with 3 hours study workshops. The program is the most comprehensive and popular course at school and enables each student’s all round skills to develop in the morning, with a particular focus on areas to improve or special interests in the afternoon.
The program is offered with 9 levels of instruction from beginner to advanced. When students arrive at the school, they are given a comprehensive placement test to evaluate their grammar, listening, speaking and writing skills and guarantee their proper placement into an ability level.
The program assists students at any ability level in developing English language skills, general communication skills, and building confidence when speaking. Instruction focuses on grammar, reading, writing, speaking and listening. Each week, academic objectives are planned in advance and discussed with the students.
Outside of the classroom, students are encouraged to independently explore the local areas of interest and experience the city’s vibrant, eclectic neighborhoods to gain real, practical insight into the culture of the city. Many students participate in school-organized events, as well, and enjoy the local entertainment and leisure activities.
Classroom sizes range from 10 to 12 students per class. Every effort is made to keep classes at an ideal size for effective English language instruction.
- Course Data
CLASS SIZE: 10 - 12 Students CLASS LEVELS: 9 Levels COURSE LENGTH: 2-52 weeks MINIMUM AGE: 16 Years Old REQUIREMENT: N/A HOUSING: Homestay
Choose 2 - 52 Week Course from Starting Dates
- APPLICATION FEE
- TUITION FEE (2020-2021)
2-11 WEEKS UK£ 462 per week 12-52 WEEKS UK£ 377 per week
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 1 WEEKS UK£ 230-353 per week N/A N/A
- Airport Pickup Service
- Remarks / Other Information
- United Kingdom Cambridge
119 Mill Road Cambridge, England CB1 2AZ UNITED KINGDOM
- Getting To Your School
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.