- Over 40 years’ experience of high quality English language training
- Lively lessons with emphasis on student participation and fast progress
- Experience the historic architecture and dramatic city setting
- About the School
- Founded in 1964, Regent is a group of private English language schools committed to providing the highest quality English language training experience. For over 50 years, as one of the largest English language training centers in the UK, Regent has offered an unrivalled range of excellent language courses for both adults and juniors from across the world.
Today, the centers are located among 6 of the best-known cities in the United Kingdom including London, Oxford, Cambridge, Brighton, Bournemouth and Edinburgh, in order to offer independent students exposure to different cross-cultural ideas in vibrant living environments that will deepen their English communication skills and cultural understanding. Students enjoy a strong academic framework that helps them to learn quickly and efficiently. Each center offers a comfortable learning environment equipped to support students in their studies. The school is a friendly and inclusive place that encourages students during lessons and outside the classroom. Regent promises to take care of everything to provide students the experience of a lifetime.
All Regent centers in the UK are accredited by the British Council and are members of English UK, the national association of accredited English language centers.
Type : Private
Establishment : 1964
Membership/Accreditation : British Council, English UK
Enrollment : 120
Average Class Size : 12
Student Adviser : YesAirport Pickup : Yes
Internet Access : Yes
Tuition : High
Activities : Frequent
Location : Urban
Transportation : Train, bus, taxi
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- More Details
- Student Countries of Origin
- The school has hosted thousands of students from around the world. The majority of students have come to the school from Europe, including Spain (20%), Italy (15%), France (5%) and Germany. Students are also from Asia ; Korea (10%), Japan (5%), Taiwan, and China. Others include students from countries in Latin America (10%) and Middle East (5%).
- Faculty Qualifications
- The instructors are trained, fully-certified professionals. Many instructors have lived and traveled abroad and have extensive experience teaching English to students from around the world. The personal and academic qualities of the instructors make each uniquely qualified to offer meaningful language-learning opportunities and to care deeply about their students.
- The school provides students with the opportunity to enjoy a homestay experience. The homestay option is ideal for those students who want to experience local culture first-hand as a member of a family and practice their conversational English. Students are encouraged to make their housing arrangements as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. Private off-campus apartments are also available; however students must make their own arrangements. For more information, use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- The school is located in the heart of Edinburgh in Scotland. Scotland is the one of the four constituent countries of the United Kingdom, and it occupies the northern third of the island of Great Britain. The school is situated in a beautiful Georgian building right in the city center, located only a short walk from the famous Princes Street, Edinburgh Castles and Holyrood Palace.
Edinburgh is an exciting, cosmopolitan city offering many attractions to visitors including a number of museums, galleries and buildings of historical interest. Because of the vast collection of Medieval and Georgian architecture including numerous stone tenements, Edinburgh is often considered one of the most dramatic and beautiful cities in Europe. The city is also well-known for the annual Edinburgh Festival, a collection of official and independent festivals held annually over about 4 weeks in summer. The city is one of Europe’s major tourist destinations, attracting around 13 million visitors a year, and is the second most visited tourist destination in the United Kingdom, after London.
Home to over 500,000 residents, Edinburgh, the country’s capital and second largest city, is also one of Europe’s largest financial centers. Banking has been a part of the economic life of Edinburgh for over 300 years, and the economy of Edinburgh has recently been touted as one of the fastest growing regions in Europe.
English World Intensive Course
- About This Course
- The program is offered year-round. Students enrolled in the program receive 30 in-class lessons (22.5 hours) per week in combination with 3 hours study workshops. The program is the most comprehensive and popular course at school and enables each student’s all round skills to develop in the morning, with a particular focus on areas to improve or special interests in the afternoon.
The program is offered with 9 levels of instruction from beginner to advanced. When students arrive at the school, they are given a comprehensive placement test to evaluate their grammar, listening, speaking and writing skills and guarantee their proper placement into an ability level.
The program assists students at any ability level in developing English language skills, general communication skills, and building confidence when speaking. Instruction focuses on grammar, reading, writing, speaking and listening. Each week, academic objectives are planned in advance and discussed with the students.
Outside of the classroom, students are encouraged to independently explore the local areas of interest and experience the city’s vibrant, eclectic neighborhoods to gain real, practical insight into the culture of the city. Many students participate in school-organized events, as well, and enjoy the local entertainment and leisure activities.
Classroom sizes range from 10 to 12 students per class. Every effort is made to keep classes at an ideal size for effective English language instruction.
- Course Data
CLASS SIZE: 10 - 12 Students CLASS LEVELS: 9 Levels COURSE LENGTH: 2-52 weeks MINIMUM AGE: 16 Years Old REQUIREMENT: N/A HOUSING: Homestay
Choose 2 - 52 Week Course from Starting Dates
- APPLICATION FEE
- TUITION FEE (2020-2021)
2-11 WEEKS UK£ 462 per week 12-52 WEEKS UK£ 377 per week
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 1 WEEKS UK£ 230-353 per week N/A
- Airport Pickup Service
- Remarks / Other Information
- United Kingdom Edinburgh
67 Queen Street Edinburgh, Scotland EH2 4NA UNITED KINGDOM
- Getting To Your School
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.