- Eurocentres’ high-quality language instruction with 50 years of experience
- Plentiful modern facilities - enjoyable and efficient study
- Excitement and entertainment in Bournemouth - one of England’s top resort towns
- About the School
- Founded in 1960, Eurocentres is an international non-profit educational foundation that provides top quality language teaching and aims to contribute towards a better understanding among people everywhere by helping to bridge national, cultural and social barriers. For nearly five decades, Eurocentres has specialized in teaching English to foreign students, professionals and visitors from all around the world and continues to significantly improve their English skills and prepare them for success, whether at an academic institution, in a professional setting or for personal satisfaction.
With currently five attractive locations available across United Kingdom, students are exposed to different cross-cultural ideas and influences that will deepen their English communication skills and cultural understanding. At schools, students enjoy a variety of innovative course programs and teaching styles. Each of the centers is equipped with modern facilities such as computer-assisted language learning programs, language labs, and instructional videos to effectively support students in their studies. Yet, there is more to Eurocentres than just language learning: a wide range of leisure time activities, sports, cultural events, excursions, parties, and insider trips complete each student’s study abroad experience.
All Eurocentres in the UK are accredited by the British Council and are members of English UK, the national association of accredited English language centers.
Type : Private English School
Establishment : 1960
Membership/Accreditation : British Council, English UK
Enrollment : 150
Average Class Size : 10
Student Adviser : YesAirport Pickup : Yes
Internet Access : Yes
Tuition : High
Activities : Frequent
Location : Urban
Transportation : Train, bus, taxi
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- More Details
- Student Countries of Origin
- The school has hosted thousands of students from around the world. The majority of students have come to the school from Europe, including Switzerland (25%), Germany (10%), Italy, and France. Students also come from Asia; Japan (5%), Korea (15%), Taiwan, and China. Others include students from countries in Latin America (20%) and Middle East (5%).
- Faculty Qualifications
- The instructors are trained, fully-certified professionals. Many instructors have lived and traveled abroad and have extensive experience teaching English to students from around the world. The personal and academic qualities of the instructors make each uniquely qualified to offer meaningful language-learning opportunities and to care deeply about their students.
- The school provides students with the opportunity to enjoy a homestay experience. The homestay option is ideal for those students who want to experience local culture first-hand as a member of a family and practice their conversational English. Students are encouraged to make their housing arrangements as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. Private off-campus apartments are also available; however students must make their own arrangements. For more information, use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- The school is situated in the heart of Bournemouth, widely known as a beautiful seaside resort town on the south coast of England. The Victorian school buildings are surrounded by beautiful private gardens. From the school, it is only a ten minute walk to the sea. Bournemouth is a popular seaside resort town for tourists from around the world. With a population of 160,000 and a location only 90 minutes away from London, Bournemouth offers students a relaxing study environment and a holiday atmosphere. Bournemouth is also said to be the sunniest seaside resort in the South of England. It has seven glorious miles of sandy beach, a national park, and a beautiful coastline. It is no surprise that over 5.5 million tourists visit every year. Students who visit Bournemouth are ideally positioned to explore a variety of attractions that include stately homes, dramatic coastlines and idyllic forests. The New Forest, famous for its wildlife and scenic beauty, is also within easy traveling distance. Cycling is a great way to explore the treasures of the forest, although pony rides offer a fun alternative. With many nearby attractions as well as a vibrant local nightlife, typical of a lively international resort town, students will definitely be entertained in Bournemouth.
General English Course
- About This Course
- The Program is offered year-round. Students enrolled in the program receive 20 in-class lessons per week in combination with 5 hours self-study in the learning centre. The program is the most comprehensive and popular course at school and is ideal for those students who are looking to achieve maximum progress in their English skills using the time they have available.
The program assists students at any ability level in developing English language skills, general communication skills, and building confidence when speaking. Instruction focuses on grammar, reading, writing, speaking and listening. Each week, academic objectives are planned in advance and discussed with the students.
The program is offered with 10 levels of instruction from beginner to advanced. When students arrive at the school, they are given a comprehensive placement test to evaluate their grammar, listening, speaking and writing skills and guarantee their proper placement into an ability level.
Outside of the classroom, students are encouraged to independently explore the local areas of interest and experience the city’s vibrant, eclectic neighborhoods to gain real, practical insight into the culture of the city. Many students participate in school-organized events, as well, and enjoy the local entertainment and leisure activities.
Classroom sizes range from 10 to 12 students per class. Every effort is made to keep classes at an ideal size for effective English language instruction.
- Course Data
CLASS SIZE: 10 - 12 Students CLASS LEVELS: 10 Levels COURSE LENGTH: 2-52 weeks MINIMUM AGE: 16 Years Old REQUIREMENT: N/A HOUSING: Homestay
Choose 1 - 52 Week Course from Starting Dates
- APPLICATION FEE
- UK£ 90 (US$ 150)
- TUITION FEE (2021)
2 WEEKS UK£ 540 4 WEEKS UK£ 1040 8 WEEKS UK£ 1,860 24 WEEKS UK£ 5,657
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 1 WEEKS UK£ 135-240 N/A UK£ 135-235
- Airport Pickup Service
- US$ 256
- Remarks / Other Information
- United Kingdom Bournemouth
26 Dean Park Road Bournemouth, England BH1 1HZ UNITED KINGDOM
- Getting To Your School
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.