Kaplan International English, Toronto
- Well-deserved reputation of high-quality instruction and facilities developed over years of experience.
- Only English is spoken at school and during all organized trips.
- Single nationality limited to 25% in each class.
- About the School
- Founded in 1938, Kaplan International English is a group of prestigious private language schools that have helped millions of students from around the world significantly improve their English skills in the shortest time possible and prepare them for academic study at a college or university. The Centers are located among fifteen of the best-known cities in North America – including Canada – in order to offer independent students exposure to different cross-cultural ideas in vibrant urban environments that will deepen their English communication skills and cultural understanding.
Learning from native speaking instructors, students study from well-developed curriculums designed to develop their fluency and hone their skills in the areas of listening, speaking, reading and writing, as well as pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar. To help students achieve their individual academic goals, Kaplan International Colleges also offer a variety of workshops to complement students’ coursework, including: Vocabulary Development, Speech and Pronunciation, Writing, Accent Reduction and TOEFL Skills Preparation. Kaplan International English is the educational subsidiary of the major newspaper company, The Washington Post, and a sister division of the major magazine, Newsweek.
Type : Private English School
Establishment : 1938
Membership/Accreditation : CAPLS,PELSA, CLC, FIYTO, ALTO
Enrollment : 220 - 230
Average Class Size : 12
Student Adviser : AvailableAirport Pickup : Available from School
Internet Access : Available On-Campus
Tuition : Medium
Activities : Frequently Available
Location : Urban
Transportation : Subway, Street Car, Bus, Taxi
- CONTACT INFORMATION
Kaplan International Admissions Office
13509 Earlham Drive
Whittier, CA 90602 U.S.A.TEL: +1 626 689 6222
FAX: +1 805 884 9464
- More Details
- Student Countries of Origin
- Students come from over 40 different countries. Kaplan International English maintains a nationality quota of 25%, which means that classes are never composed of more than 25% of students of the same nationality. Recently the largest numbers of students have been from Korea, Brazil, Japan, Mexico and Switzerland.
- Faculty Qualifications
- All instructors are native English speakers and are professionally trained; all have university degrees and qualifications in teaching English. They also have experience teaching English as a foreign language, both at home and overseas. Many teachers have learned a second language, and are therefore even more sensitive to the learning needs of students.
- Homestay accommodations are the most popular housing choice for students, and are made readily available. For a more independent lifestyle, Kaplan International English can also arrange residence accommodations. It is best to arrange housing as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. Check the Course Data Page to make sure that your desired housing option is available for the course to which you will apply. Additionally, Kaplan International Colleges may introduce private apartments, but students have to make necessary arrangements by themselves. For more information, use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- Kaplan International English, Toronto is located in prestigious buildings in the heart of downtown Toronto, close to art galleries, museums, theatres, libraries, waterfront markets, and all major transportation lines. Built along the shores of Lake Ontario, Toronto is a city of cosmopolitan tastes and cultures. As Canada’s largest city, Toronto is the financial capital and the center of much of English Canada’s traditions and heritage. Toronto offers numerous cultural events, historical sites, modern architecture, and a vibrant nightlife. The city also offers a variety of museums, art galleries, theatres, musical productions, and sporting events. Many excellent restaurants and great shopping are additional attractive features of the city. Discover Toronto’s prominent landmarks: the CN tower, the tallest tower in the world; Ontario Place, a leisure complex which covers 90 acres; Yonge Street, the world’s longest street; and the corporate downtown center with Canada’s most impressive office towers. Niagara Falls and other interesting attractions are close by. People can take weekend trips to other cities like Montreal, Ottawa, New York, Washington D.C. and Boston.
Intensive English Program
- About This Course
- The Program is offered year-round with sessions beginning every week. Students enrolled in the program receive 28 lessons (21 hours) per week including 20 lessons of General English instruction and 8 elective lessons.
The program offers six levels of instruction from beginner to advanced. Placement in these levels depends upon the results of a Placement Test and Interview which will be taken on the first day of class.
As one of the center’s most popular courses, the curriculum for the General Intensive English Program is primarily designed for students who want to improve their overall English ability. The challenging curriculum and intensive schedule are designed for both the general English language learner and the academically-bound student. This full-time program integrates the four key elements of language learning , listening, speaking, reading and writing. The rigorous curriculum accelerates students’ learning by combining classroom work, computer lab practice and an array of specialized workshops that focus on developing specific English skills.
Classroom sizes average 10 students per class with a maximum of 15 students. Every effort is made to keep classes at an ideal size for effective English language instruction.
- Course Data
CLASS SIZE: 10 - 15 students CLASS LEVELS: 6 levels COURSE LENGTH: 2 - 40 weeks MINIMUM AGE: 18 years old REQUIREMENT: N/A HOUSING: Homestay
Choose 2 - 40 Week Course from Starting Dates
- APPLICATION FEE
- CAN $185
- TUITION FEE (2019)
2-11 WEEKS CAN $495 per week 12-23 WEEKS CAN $475 per week 24-39 WEEKS CAN $455 per week 40 WEEKS CAN $440 per week
- CAN $240
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 2-40 WEEKS CAN$ 240-310 per week N/A CAN$ 475 per week
- Airport Pickup Service
- CAN $125 (Pearson Airport)
- Remarks / Other Information
- Canada Toronto, Ontario
Kaplan International English, Toronto
55 York Street, Suite 700 Toronto, Ontario M5J 1R7 CANADA
- Getting To Your School
- Student Reviews
Academic Quality: 3.0 School Environment: 4.0 Helpfulness of Staff: 3.0 Activities and Social Life: 4.0 Accommodation: 5.0
- There are 1 reviews for this school
Academic Quality: School Environment: Helpfulness of Staff: Activities and Social Life: Accommodation:
[ 愛知, 日本, Age 36, Male ]
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.