Boston School of English
- School located in a beautiful historic granite stone building in a residential neighborhood adjacent to Harvard University’s Arboretum.
- Over 90 years of experience with focus oriented curriculum and specialized classes in General, Academic, Business and Test Preparation courses.
- Excellent housing options within walking distance to the school.
- About the ESL School
- Boston School of English (BSML) is a private language institution that offers year-round intensive and semi-intensive English language programs.
BSML is America’s first and most respected English Language School. Since 1925, they have educated thousands of students and professionals from all over the world.
BSML is the school of choice for students seeking a pathway program to transition to an American high school, college, or university and for professionals looking to improve their qualifications in the global environment. Regardless of what you are looking for, BSML will prepare you for academic and career success.
BSML has an outstanding reputation and a significant number of students come to the school by word of mouth. BSML is unique in offering students an educational and cultural experience not found in other English language schools and programs. The school takes pride in maintaining lasting relationships with students, many of whom return to study at the school again, and have welcomed second, third, and fourth generations of the families of our alumni to study with us. The school’s motto is "ENGLISH! Learn it, Live it, Love it… at BSML!"
Type : Private English School
Establishment : 1925
Membership/Accreditation : EnglishUSA / ACCET
Enrollment : 100
Average Class Size : 8
Student Adviser : AvailableAirport Pickup : Available from School
Internet Access : On-Campus and in Housing
Tuition : Medium
Activities : Frequently Available
Location : Urban
Transportation : Bus, Train, Taxi, Subway
- A Message from School
- The BSML Mission Statement and Goals reflect the values that guide everything we do each and every day. Whether in teaching, housing services, activities, transportation, food service or personal attention, every staff member strives to meet and exceed our students’ expectations. Boston is an amazing place and BSML is a truly unique experience. We look forward to having you and help you achieve your academic and professional goals.
Boston School of English (BSML)
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- More Details
- Student Countries of Origin
- BSML recognizes that a diverse population, composed of students from all over the world, enhances and facilitates the language-learning experience. To achieve this intercultural and international experience for students, the school strives to balance the nationalities and language groups in classes, housing, and extra-curricular activities.
Recently students are coming from: China 13%, Venezuela 11%, Italy 8%, Russia 5%, Saudi Arabia 5%, Japan 4%, Spain 3%.
- Faculty Qualifications
- The instructors at the Boston School of English (BSML) are all trained, fully-certified professionals. Many instructors have lived and traveled abroad and have extensive experience teaching English to students from around the world. The personal and academic qualities of the instructors make each uniquely qualified to offer meaningful language-learning opportunities and to care deeply about their students.
- The school provides students with the opportunity to live in off-campus residences or enjoy a homestay experience. For students who prefer an independent lifestyle, off-campus residences provide more privacy and offer opportunities to interact with people in the community outside the school environment. The school also arranges homestays for those students who want to experience local culture first-hand as a member of a family and practice their conversational English. Students are encouraged to make their housing arrangements as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. Private off-campus apartments are also available; however students must make their own arrangements. For more information, use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- The Boston School of English is located in a residential neighborhood adjacent to Harvard University’s Arboretum, which provides a beautiful setting for walking, hiking and jogging with beautiful views of the city. The area of Boston is called “Hometown U.S.A.” because of the small-town atmosphere and typical American lifestyle. The school is located just steps from a commuter rail station with a short ride to downtown Boston. The campus is also within walking distance of most of the school’s specially selected host families and student apartments. Students are able to walk to and from school from most housing and recreational areas. As the capital and largest city in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Boston is one of the most historic cities to live in the United States. Today, Boston is the home to an estimated 640,000 residents. Widely recognized as being the nation’s greatest college town, Boston is often called the “Athens of America” as it is thought of as the country's educational capital which is home to more than 60 colleges and universities, creating an atmosphere rich with artistic, social and intellectual opportunities. There are countless opportunities for Boston residents to enjoy easy weekend getaways along the East Coast, whether it is sightseeing in Providence or New York City, feasting on lobster in Maine, hiking New Hampshire's White Mountains or exploring the magnificent beaches of Cape Cod.
Intensive and Semi-Intensive Programs
- About This Course
- The school’s methodology is unique and effective, having been developed and refined for almost 90 years. The program focuses on the core fundamental skills needed to achieve proficiency in English: reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
BSML’s curriculum offers12 English skill levels from beginner to advanced. Each level lasts four weeks and consists of a combination of required core classes and specialized courses, allowing students to integrate their English language studies with their personal interests and individual needs.
BSML offers intensive and semi-intensive English programs. Students can choose to study 20, 22, 24, 26 or 30 classes per week with classes starting on any Monday.
Classes are kept small with an average of 8 students per class, except during the summer when the average number of student per class is 12.
BSML authors and publishes their own textbooks, so the staff is thoroughly familiar with the material. They contain clear explanations of the lesson content with numerous exercises and activities to practice the material. Teachers bring the topics to life and show students how each lesson will improve their English.
All students take BSML’s fundamental classes of structure (grammar), vocabulary, and idiomatic expressions. To complete the day, students can take the focus-oriented curriculum with specialized classes in General, Academic, Business and Test Preparation courses.
- Course Data
CLASS SIZE: 8 Students CLASS LEVELS: 12 Levels COURSE LENGTH: 1 - 52 Weeks MINIMUM AGE: 12 Years Old REQUIREMENT: None. All Levels of English Offered VISA INFORMATION: I-20 Issued Upon Request HOUSING: Homestay (Breakfasts and Dinners Included)
Choose 1 - 52 Week Course from Starting Dates
- APPLICATION FEE
- US$ 150
- TUITION FEE (2021)
1-52 WEEKS US$ 270-420 Per Week
- US$ 150
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 1-52 WEEKS US$ 360-450 Per Week N/A US$ 290-410 Per Week
- Airport Pickup Service
- US$ 125 (From Logan International Airport)
- Remarks / Other Information
- United States Boston, Massachusetts
Boston School of English
814 South Street Boston, Massachusetts 02131 U.S.A.
- Getting To Your School
- Student Reviews
Academic Quality: 5.0 School Environment: 4.0 Helpfulness of Staff: 4.0 Activities and Social Life: 5.0 Accommodation: 4.0
- There are 1 reviews for this school
Academic Quality: School Environment: Helpfulness of Staff: Activities and Social Life: Accommodation:
[ Bogota, Colombia, Male ]
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful.I Recommend BSML 110%BSML was an unbelievable experience, it was more than a learning English experience, I found a group of people that made me feel as at home, they have excellent teachers, beautiful facilities and a remarkable method of learning, and Roslindale and Boston are great places to know and provides everything you need to be happy. I remember my time in Boston with joy and happiness, .
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.