TLC - Toledo
Intensive English Program [Toledo, Ohio]
- TLC students wishing to earn an undergraduate degree may be admitted to BGSU with a TOEFL score of 500/173
- Experience studying on the Bowling Green State University campus and gain access to all campus facilities and activities
- Enjoy living in Bowling Green, a safe and friendly college town revolving around the youth at the university
- About the ESL School
- Founded in 1983, The Language Company (TLC) is a group of private language schools that has provided superior English instruction and cultural activities to more than 30,000 students from around the world. The various small-town locations of TLC schools within the picturesque American Midwest offer ideal learning environments for those students wanting to concentrate on their studies and learn in friendly, quiet and safe surroundings. The rigorous TLC curriculum is designed to significantly improve each student's English skills in the shortest time possible and prepare them for academic study at an American college or university, enhance their professional credentials or simply to enjoy learning a new language. An academic placement service is available free-of-charge for those students who want to attend an American college or university after completing their studies at TLC. Many colleges and universities waive the TOEFL requirement for TLC graduates. Outside of the classroom, special events and activities are organized by TLC staff to encourage students to practice their English while learning about American culture and making new friends. In the past, favorite activities include: horseback riding, visiting zoos and parks, sightseeing and shopping in the local area, visiting amusement and water parks, and attending seasonal festivals. Students are also encouraged to independently explore the area’s vibrant neighborhoods or take day trips to see the surrounding areas. The Language Company is accredited by ACCET, the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training, and is a proud member of AAIEP, the American Association of Intensive English Programs promoting professional standards and high-quality English programs.
Type : Private English School
Establishment : 1983
Membership/Accreditation : EnglishUSA / ACCET
Enrollment : 60
Average Class Size : 10
Student Adviser : AvailableAirport Pickup : Available
Internet Access : On-Campus
Tuition : Medium
Activities : Frequently Available
Location : Rural
Transportation : Bus, Taxi
- A Message from School
- Welcome, and thank you for taking the time to learn about The Language Company at ApplyESL.com. Since 1983, we have provided superior English instruction and cultural activities to students worldwide. The Language Company would like to share our years of experience to help you to achieve your English goals. The Language Company’s instructors, directors and staff are committed to helping you learn. We provide a full range of services including academic counseling. Our cooperating college network can find the college or university that is right for you. Choosing a language school is an important decision. With The Language Company, you will improve your English skills and have great memories of the United States and its people. Our staff and representatives are ready to assist you with any questions you may have. We hope to see you soon at one of our institutes.
Chairman and CEO
The Language Company
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- More Details
- Student Countries of Origin
- The TLC Center has hosted thousands of students from around the world. Recently, the majority of students have come to the school from Asia, including Korea (30%), Japan (15%) and Taiwan (5%). Students are also from countries in Latin America (25%), Europe (5%), Middle East (5%), Africa and others.
- Faculty Qualifications
- TLC instructors are highly-qualified, native speaking professionals that help their students advance through their programs quickly. Many instructors have lived and traveled abroad and have extensive training and experience teaching English to students from around the world. The personal and academic qualities of TLC instructors make each uniquely qualified to offer meaningful language-learning opportunities and to care deeply about their students.
- The school provides students with the opportunity to live in off-campus residences, or enjoy a homestay experience. Students living on-campus will be close to classes, campus activities and other students. For students who prefer a more independent lifestyle, off-campus residences provide more privacy and offer opportunities to interact with people in the community outside the campus environment. The school also arranges homestays for those students who want to experience local culture first-hand as a member of a family and practice their conversational English. Students are encouraged to make their housing arrangements as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. Private off-campus apartments are also available; however students must make their own arrangements. For more information, use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- TLC – Bowling Green is located on the campus of the Bowling Green State University, a nationally renowned University in Bowling Green, Ohio. Bowling Green, with a population just under 30,000, is located in Northwest Ohio and is part of the city of Toledo. It has grown into a thriving community that provides high quality services in a caring, small town environment. Bowling Green is an excellent place for students as it is college town with nearly half of its residents being between the ages of 18 and 24. During the year, there are a number of festivals to celebrate the pastimes of the town’s residents. In the summer, the Wood County Fair is held which includes various events and music characteristics of the area and Winterfest is held in February which revolves around the rich ice skating and ice hockey traditions of Bowling Green. In addition, there are many parks to explore nearby the school.
- Conditional Admission / Credit Courses
- TLC students who want to be placed in a high school, college or university may apply directly to TLC's Academic Placement Services (APS) for assistance.
Intensive English Program
- About This Course
- The Intensive English Program is offered year-round with sessions beginning every four weeks. Students enrolled in the program meet Monday through Friday and receive a minimum of 25 hours of classroom instruction per week. This program is ideal for students who want to achieve maximum progress in their English skills in order to gain admission to an American college or university, enhance their professional credentials or simply to enjoy learning a new language.
The program is offered at 9 levels of instruction from beginner to advanced. Upon their arrival at the school, students are given a placement test to help determine the level best-suited to their ability. At the end of each 4-week session, students receive a written Final Grade Report from their instructors that evaluates their speaking ability, class performance, tests and homework assignments.
The rigorous curriculum at the beginning level is designed to develop students’ fundamental language skills of listening, speaking and writing. Students studying at the intermediate level learn more advanced grammar structures and vocabulary, gain the skills necessary to express themselves orally and in writing, and to read and understand technical material. Students who complete the advanced levels can function comfortably in any English-speaking environment, understand speakers in a variety of settings, and gather written and spoken information to write academic/professional reports. Elective courses are also part of the curriculum for intermediate- and advanced-level students to focus their English studies while building their core language skills. Students may study such elective topics as: Vocabulary; Idioms and Slang; Conversation; Pronunciation; American Culture through Films; Current Events; American History and Government; and Business English. Academic placement service is available free-of-charge for those students who want to attend an American college or university after completing their studies at TLC. Many colleges and universities waive the TOEFL requirement for TLC graduates.
Classroom sizes average 10 students per class. Every effort is made to keep classes at an ideal size for effective English language instruction.
- Course Data
CLASS SIZE: 10 Students CLASS LEVELS: 9 Levels COURSE LENGTH: 4,8,12,16,20,24 weeks MINIMUM AGE: 16 Years Old REQUIREMENT: N/A VISA INFORMATION: I-20 Issued Upon Request HOUSING: Homestay
Choose 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 Week Course from Starting Dates
- APPLICATION FEE
- US$ 100
- TUITION FEE (2017-2018)
4 WEEKS US$ 1,595 8 WEEKS US$ 3,190 12 WEEKS US$ 4,785 16 WEEKS US$ 6,380 20 WEEKS US$ 7,975 24 WEEKS US$ 9,570
- US$ 200 (Homestay); US $100 (On-Campus)
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 4-24 WEEKS US$ 700 Per Month N/A US$ 575-600 Per Month
- Airport Pickup Service
- US$ 75 (Toledo - TOL)
- Remarks / Other Information
- United States Bowling Green, Ohio
TLC - Toledo
3450 West Central Avenue, Suite 130 Toledo, Ohio 43606 U.S.A.
- Getting To Your School
- Student Reviews
Academic Quality: School Environment: Helpfulness of Staff: Activities and Social Life: Accommodation:
- There are 0 reviews for this school
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.