INTERLINK A.C.E. Language Center at Montana State University
Intensive English Program (IEP) [Bozeman, Montana]
- Upon successful completion of the INTERLINK A.C.E. advanced level, students may enter Montana State University without the TOEFL
- Level 6 students join American students and study in university classes, followed by a review with INTERLINK A.C.E. teachers
- Live in peaceful Bozeman, a quintessential college town in the middle of the Rocky Mountains and minutes from ski/snowboarding resorts
- About the ESL School
- Founded in 1973, Associates in Cultural Exchange (A.C.E.) is an educational non-profit organization dedicated to providing outstanding language education and cross-cultural training. A.C.E. is recognized as a leader in the areas of English as a second language training, foreign language acquisition programs and international education development. Students are challenged by A.C.E.’s rigorous curriculum designed to prepare them for academic study at an American college or university. Students studying at the top Level 6 complement their studies by attending regular university classes with American students and experience studying at the university level. After successfully completing the A.C.E. advanced level, students may enter partner universities with no TOEFL required. Outside of the classroom, A.C.E. staff organizes frequent activities for students to practice their English outside of the classroom and experience American culture. On January 1, 2017, the A.C.E. Language Institutes on the campuses of Montana State University and Seattle Pacific University joined INTERLINK Language Centers. After decades of close cooperation, INTERLINK and A.C.E. have joined to expand and increase the geographic and programmatic diversity desired by the students and sponsors of both organizations. INTERLINK A.C.E. looks forward to deepening its impact in international education.
Type : Private English School
Establishment : 1994
Membership/Accreditation : CEA Accredited
Enrollment : 100
Average Class Size : 12
Student Adviser : AvailableAirport Pickup : Available from School
Internet Access : On-Campus
Tuition : Low
Activities : Frequently Available
Location : Rural
Transportation : Bus, Taxi
- A Message from School
- Greetings from Montana!
Thank you for visiting our profile at ApplyESL.com. Since 1994, INTERLINK A.C.E. Language Institute at Montana State University has offered high-quality English language programs, academic programs and professional training programs to students from many different countries. We specialize in college transfer programs leading to either a degree or professional certificate, as well as summer vacation programs for students of all ages. We look forward to welcoming you to the peaceful town, Bozeman in Montana!
INTERLINK at Montana State University
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- More Details
- Student Countries of Origin
- The INTERLINK A.C.E. Center at Montana State University has hosted thousands of students from around the world. Recently, the majority of students come to the school from China, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Turkey, Japan, and Korea. Students also come to INTERLINK A.C.E. from countries in Latin America, Europe and others.
- Faculty Qualifications
- INTERLINK A.C.E. instructors are highly-qualified, native speaking professionals. Many instructors have lived and traveled abroad and have extensive training and experience teaching English to students from around the world. The personal and academic qualities of A.C.E. instructors make each uniquely qualified to offer meaningful language-learning opportunities and to care deeply about their students.
- Students at the INTERLINK A.C.E. Language Institute at MSU may choose to live in on-campus dormitories or a homestay experience. Students living on-campus will be close to classes, campus activities and other students – both American and international. INTERLINK A.C.E. also refers students to homestay services for those students who want to experience American culture first-hand as a member of a family and practice their conversational English. Students are encouraged to make their housing arrangements as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. Private off-campus apartments may also be available near campus; INTERLINK A.C.E. staff will help students find reasonably priced, safe apartments. For more information, see msu.interlink.edu or use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- The INTERLINK A.C.E Language Institute at Montana State University is nestled in the stunning university town of Bozeman, Montana, an intimate community of over 38,000 residents. Situated in the heart of the magnificent Rocky Mountain range, Bozeman is home to an eclectic breed of people who appreciate an unmatched quality of life. From ranchers, artists and professors to ski enthusiasts, high-tech engineers and entrepreneurs, the Bozeman community consists of people from backgrounds and cultures as diverse as the Montana landscape. Downtown Bozeman is outfitted with rows of historic turn-of-the-century buildings while more than 100 boutiques and restaurants line Historic Main Street, the city’s charming retailing corridor. Surrounded by four mountain ranges, thousands of acres of the Gallatin National Forest and hundreds of miles of world-class fly-fishing streams, the area is truly an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Within minutes of downtown Bozeman, there are endless opportunities to go camping, hiking, mountain climbing, snowmobiling, ice-skating, boating, swimming and waterskiing. During the winter months, the area surrounding Bozeman is especially popular among ski and snowboarding enthusiasts as three challenging ski resorts - Big Sky, Moonlight Basin and Bridger Bowl – are located nearby. The phenomenally breathtaking Yellowstone National Park is a 90 minute drive from downtown Bozeman, offering its visitors more than 2.2 million acres to explore its panoramic vistas, steaming geysers, crystal-blue lakes and impressive waterfalls. Yellowstone is the greatest wildlife sanctuary in the United States and was designated as the world’s first National Park.
- About the College/University
- Founded in 1893, Montana State University (MSU) is a unique public institution home to 12,000 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students from the United States and more than 59 countries around the world. Ranked #5 in Outside magazine’s list of “40 Best College Towns” in 2003, MSU offers an impressive range of academic programs for students to study in one of the nation’s most spectacular outdoor environments. Students have the opportunity to earn bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees among MSU’s eight academic colleges: Agriculture; Arts and Architecture; Business; Education; Health and Human Development; Engineering; Letters and Science; and Nursing. Students undecided of their academic specialization can explore the university’s newest college, University College. This academic college offers students an opportunity to study from a broad curriculum in the arts, humanities and sciences to help them pursue their own interdisciplinary interests, including international or environmental studies. Bearing the campus slogan “Mountains and Minds,” MSU is nestled in the stunning ranges and wilderness areas of the Rocky Mountains. Students are quick to appreciate the campus environment providing clean mountain air, uncrowded classes and wide-open spaces, creating a collegiate atmosphere unrivaled in most of the United States. Life outside of classrooms is active among MSU students as the surrounding environment promotes activity and involvement. With over 138 student-run organizations available, students can expand their interests by joining volunteer and public service organizations.
Intensive English Program
- About This Course
- The Intensive English Program offers 6 and 8-week sessions throughout the year. Students enrolled in the program receive 18 hours of classroom instruction per week with additional 4-10 hours of elective courses available. This program is ideal for those students who want to achieve maximum progress in their English skills and gain admission to an American college or university.
The program is offered at 6 levels of instruction from beginner to advanced. Upon their arrival at the institute, students’ English abilities are tested in the areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking to guarantee their proper placement into an ability level.
The program’s rigorous curriculum is primarily designed to develop students’ skills in the areas of grammar, reading, writing and speaking/listening in order to provide the background essential to enter an American college or university. Students studying at the top Level 6 are able to complement their studies by attending classes with American students on campus and experience studying in a true academic environment at a U.S. university. After successfully completing the INTERLINK A.C.E. advanced level, students may enter partner universities with no TOEFL required.
Outside of the classroom, the school organizes plenty of opportunities for students to practice their English in a natural environment, including hiking and camping trips, lunch and dinner parties and on-campus sports competitions. Students can independently participate in local festivals and enjoy abundant outdoor activities in all seasons.
Classroom sizes average 12 students per class. Every effort is made to keep classes at an ideal size for effective English language instruction.
- Course Data
CLASS SIZE: 12 Students CLASS LEVELS: 6 Levels COURSE LENGTH: 6, 8 Weeks MINIMUM AGE: 17 Years Old REQUIREMENT: N/A VISA INFORMATION: I-20 Issued Upon Request HOUSING: Homestay
6 WEEKS: 5/10 - 6/22 6/21 - 8/3 8 WEEKS: 3/5 - 5/4 8/23 - 10/17
- APPLICATION FEE
- US$ 100
- TUITION FEE (2017-2018)
8 WEEKS US$ 2,700
- US$ 200
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 8 WEEKS Contact Program US$ 1,800 - 2,500 N/A
- Airport Pickup Service
- Health Insurance
- US$ 260
- Student Services
- US$ 295
- Express Mailing of I-20
- US$ 65
- Remarks / Other Information
- United States Bozeman, Montana
INTERLINK Language Center at Montana State University
330 Culbertson Hall Bozeman, Montana 59717 U.S.A.
- Getting To Your School
- Student Reviews
Academic Quality: 4.6 School Environment: 4.8 Helpfulness of Staff: 4.4 Activities and Social Life: 4.2 Accommodation: 4.3
- There are 5 reviews for this school
Academic Quality: School Environment: Helpfulness of Staff: Activities and Social Life: Accommodation:
[ Nagoya, Japan, Female ] 2015/7/29
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful.Big Sky CountryWhat I learned at A.C.E. is the practical English. Before I went there, I was not good at speaking and listening. Through A.C.E. classes, communications with teachers and friends there, I've learned many necessary skills. I'm very satisfied that I chose A.C.E. at MSU in Bozeman, since I could get the useful skills, meet wonderful teachers and friends, and spend some time in such a gorgeous, natural area-- as the Big Sky Country.
After coming back to Japan, I returned to the university and graduated. After that, I worked for 3 years for the U.S. branch of a machinery company and went over to the States a few times to help manufacturing transfer, as a interpreter. Then, I finally decided to study translation, especially dubbing and subtitles for films. Now I work for a dubbing and subtitles production company. I'm very thankful to A.C.E. for helping me learn useful and practical ways to use my English skills and especially, to get confidence. Thanks to them, now I could find my dream, and bring it to a reality!
- Below you will find additional reviews in other languages.
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.