The College of New Jersey (TCNJ)
Center for American Language & Culture (CALC) [Ewing, New Jersey]
- Integrated skills course work pairs English with USA Studies content and prepares students for academic success:
- TCNJ has a 12:1 student to faculty ratio.
- 70% of ESL Alums have 3.0 or higher GPAs in academic study one year after completing language training.
- Earn 12 credits in the fall or spring semesters, or 8 credits in the summer semester.
- TCNJ helps students who wish to apply for admission or are conditionally admitted to TCNJ prepare for transition into their first year:
- All students will gain skill in speaking, reading, writing, and listening that will be invaluable to their success in their American academic careers and receive individualized feedback on their language abilities as they exit the program to continue their studies.
- Average TOEFL score increased 27 points after two terms of English study.
- Beautiful and safe campus location:
- Study on the safe 289-acre campus with just 6,000 undergraduates.
- On-campus housing with off-campus housing available steps from campus.
- The College of New Jersey maintains its own police department, providing law enforcement and security services 24 hours, 7 days a week. Our Police Department currently employs twenty-four men and women to provide for the College community’s safety as well as the security of all property on campus. Officers are fully trained members of the New Jersey State Police.
Choose Your Course Below
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.