Spring International Language Center, Denver (SI)
Intensive English Program [Denver, Colorado]
- Students who complete Level 6 are accepted by Arapahoe Community College and the Community College of Denver without the TOEFL
- Participate in organized activities and try river rafting, hiking or skiing in the Rocky Mountains, bungee jumping or enjoy seasonal barbeques in the park
- Enjoy living in Denver, one of the nation’s most beautiful cities with stunning Rocky Mountain views and over 300 days of sunshine each year
- About the ESL School
- Founded in 1979, Spring International Language Center is a highly-respected private language school that operates three centers located in Denver and Littleton, Colorado and Fayetteville, Arkansas. In its long history, Spring has provided outstanding English language and test preparation instruction, as well as comprehensive student services, to students from more than 90 countries around the world. While studying in Spring International’s friendly, caring and supportive environment, students acquire the linguistic, cultural and scholastic skills essential to succeed in an American academic environment. Hundreds of Spring graduates have gone on to study at colleges throughout the United States. Conditional admission is available for Spring students to attend the University of Northern Colorado and the University of Arkansas. In their spare time, students have opportunities to participate in arranged activities and to practice their English in real-life situations. A Conversation Partners program is also available to students want to improve their listening and speaking practice with native English speakers. Spring International has full accreditation from CEA (The Commission on English Language Program Accreditation) and is a proud member of AAIEP (The American Association of Intensive English Programs) which promotes professional standards and high-quality English programs.
Type : Private English School
Establishment : 1979
Membership/Accreditation : EnglishUSA / CEA
Enrollment : 100
Average Class Size : 10
Student Adviser : AvailableAirport Pickup : Available From School
Internet Access : At School
Tuition : Low
Activities : Frequently Available
Location : Urban
Transportation : Train, Bus, Taxi
- A Message from School
- Spring International Language Center, Denver is an intensive English language program which prepares international students for American universities—including English language mastery, advanced research skills, academic writing, and cultural orientation. Founded in 1972, the program has six levels of courses—from elementary to advanced—and an expert ESL faculty, some with more than 20 years of teaching experience. Successful graduation from this program allows admission to specified universities without a TOEFL score requirement. Spring International also offers special short courses on request and has an excellent homestay program.
Jeanne E. Hind, Director
Spring International Language Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- More Details
- Student Countries of Origin
- Spring International has hosted thousands of students from around the world. Recently, the majority of students have come to the school from Asia, including Japan (15%), Korea (15%) and Taiwan (10%). Students are also from countries in Latin America (15%), Europe, Middle East, Africa and others.
- Faculty Qualifications
- Spring International instructors are trained, highly-qualified professionals holding at the minimum master’s degrees in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or in related fields. Many instructors have published academic English textbooks, as well as lived overseas while all instructors have extensive training and experience teaching English to students from around the world. The personal and academic qualities of the instructors make each uniquely qualified to offer meaningful language-learning opportunities and to care deeply about their students.
- The school provides students with the opportunity to enjoy a homestay experience. Homestays are a beneficial living option for those students who want to experience the local culture as a member of a family and practice their conversational English. Students are encouraged to make their housing arrangements as early as possible due to the limited amount of space available. Private off-campus apartments are also available; however students must make their own arrangements. For more information, use the Contact Address to ask the school directly.
- Surrounding Area
- The Spring International Language Center, Denver is located in the heart of downtown Denver, Colorado, one of the nation’s most beautiful cities situated on the plains just east of the Rocky Mountains and boasting over 300 days of sunshine each year. As the capital and largest city in the state of Colorado, Denver is home to 556,000 residents and is nicknamed “The Mile High City” due to its official elevation as being one mile above sea level. The city’s high elevation bestows magnificent views for many Denver homes of the Rockies, the surrounding plains and the metropolitan area. As an outdoor enthusiasts’ paradise, Denver is alive with activity with the nation’s largest city park system, 90 golf courses and 650 miles of paved bike trails. The city’s downtown area is enjoyed by locals for its mile-long pedestrian promenade that is lined with outdoor cafés, a restored historic district filled with 90 bars and brewpubs, and glorious mountain views visible from every street. Less than an hour away from downtown Denver is some of the best skiing, snowboarding, camping, hiking, whitewater rafting and rock-climbing opportunities in the world. Crested Butte Mountain Resort offers 15 ski lifts, 100+ ski trails and its famous experts-only, “Extreme Limits” terrain while Keystone, Snowmass and Steamboat are all world-class ski resorts that offer the very best ski experience during the winters and golf, mountain biking, fishing and rafting experiences during the summers.
- Conditional Admission / Credit Courses
- Conditional Admission is available for qualified students who complete the ESL program.
Intensive English Program
- About This Course
- The Intensive English Program is offered in 5- and 9-week sessions throughout the year. Students enrolled in the program receive 23 hours of classroom instruction per week. This program is ideal for students who want to study intensively in preparation to enroll in an American college or university or to gain practical professional advancement.
The program is offered at 6 levels of instruction from Beginning to Advanced. Upon their arrival at the center, students are given a placement exam to ensure proper placement into an ability level. The curriculum is designed to cover all fundamental language skill areas: Reading, Writing, Grammar and Listening/Speaking. In addition to their core curriculum, students have a choice to study an additional topic pertinent to their interests such as: Accent Improvement, Computer Lab, TOEFL Preparation, Business English, Pronunciation and others. For those students interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree program in the United States, Spring International provides free college placement counseling; the center also assists students in completing their applications and editing students’ personal statements. Students who successfully complete Level 6 are accepted by Arapahoe Community College and the Community College of Denver without the TOEFL. Conditional admission may also be available to academically-qualified students to the University of Northern Colorado and the University of Southern Colorado.
Outside of the classroom, students have opportunities to participate in arranged activities, practice their English in real-life situations and try something new such as river rafting and kayaking, hiking, snowboarding or skiing in the Rocky Mountains, and bungee jumping. A Conversation Partners program is also available to students want to improve their listening and speaking practice with native English speakers. Conversation partners meet informally one hour per week to talk with one another and participate in social activities together.
Classroom sizes average 10 students per class with a maximum of 15 students. Every effort is made to keep classes at an ideal size for effective English language instruction.
- Course Data
CLASS SIZE: 10 Students CLASS LEVELS: 6 Levels COURSE LENGTH: 5, 9 weeks MINIMUM AGE: 17 Years Old REQUIREMENT: N/A VISA INFORMATION: F-1 Student Visa Required (I-20 Form Issued Upon Request) HOUSING: Homestay
5 WEEKS: 9/11 - 10/13 11/13 - 12/15 9 WEEKS: 8/14 - 10/13 10/16 - 12/15
- APPLICATION FEE
- US$ 125
- TUITION FEE (2016-2017)
5 WEEKS US$ 1,800 9 WEEKS US$ 3,200
- US$ 200
- HOUSING FEE
LENGTH HOMESTAY DORMITORY / ON-CAMPUS APARTMENT OFF-CAMPUS RESIDENCE 5-9 WEEKS US$ 700 Per Month N/A N/A
- Airport Pickup Service
- Included Free Of Charge
- Remarks / Other Information
- United States Denver, Colorado
Spring International Language Center
at Champa Square
1600 Champa Street, Suite 400 Denver, Colorado 80202 U.S.A.
- Getting To Your School
- Student Reviews
Academic Quality: 5.0 School Environment: 4.7 Helpfulness of Staff: 4.3 Activities and Social Life: 3.7 Accommodation: 3.0
- There are 3 reviews for this school
- Below you will find additional reviews in other languages.
Students Who Viewed This School Also Viewed
ApplyESL.com is a free "Do-It-Yourself" Study Abroad school search and application service with over 200 schools and 500 English courses which has been used by students from over 100 countries. Here you can find the program best for you and learn about schools with video introductions, application rankings and detailed student reviews. By creating an ApplyESL.com account, you can go a step further and access more important study abroad information including school discount offers.